Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone. My Son And I Just Bought Our First Opel Gt. He Is Turning 13 Next Month So We Are Starting A Project For Him To Drive When He Turns 16. I Am Looking For A Club In The Chicagoland Area. My Years Of Old Cars Has Taught Me There Is No Better Place To Get Advise Than From Those Who Share Your Passions. Thanks And God Bless.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i'm not sure of any opel clubs in chicago, but i bet there are some near by. as for help, you've come to the best place for opel specific technical help. this place is great, and it's becasue of the people that are a part of this community. whenever you run into problems on your opel, use the search feature to try and find an answer to your question in previous posts, and if you can't find information post a new question. welcome to OpelGT.com, and post some pics of the GT if you can!

·
1,830 Posts
Hi Joe
Hope you and your son have many quality hours working on his new Opel. To answer your question, there once was an active Opel club in the Chicago area but it is no longer meeting. It was called the North American Opel G.T. Club and even had its own newsletter. Unfortunatly Riley Taylor who was the glue that bound the club together passed away some years ago and the club was folded into the Opel Motorsport Club ( OMC) out of Las Angeles CA. Probably your best bet is to hook up with the folks in the Wisconsin area. Good group and quite active. Bill Hoffmann from that area is often on this site. Also you should come to the Route 66 Mother Road Festival in Springfield IL Sept. 30-Oct 2nd this year. Last year we had 17 Opels from 8 States show up. You can find the OMC at opelclub.com. Good luck
John

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
hello joe, i live about an hour to and hour and a half south of chicago. welcome to opelgt.com... we might have to start our own opel club.. i know there are a few in Illinois that are members on this site...

·
530 Posts
Hello Joe,
You are right in that a club is so valuable! I joined up with a bunch of great guys from the Milwaukee area who have been very helpful. We get together around once a month on a Saturday, and we'll probably have our first meeting of the year soon. We usually have a project to work on for the day, share a lot of Opel bantering, and head out for a cruise and bite to eat at a local custard stand. The meeting place travels. You can see pictures from some of our meetings in my photo album. I'll private message you so I don't lose track of your name as we establish a first date. We have some very knowleable Opelers who are great at sharing their expertise! I hope you can make it sometime!
-Jeff W.
'73 Manta
'74 Manta parts car
'75 Manta just new to me this week!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Opel clubs

Thanks for the reply. Please let us know when your meetings will be. My son and I would have no problem driving to Wisconsin for a meeting. Thanks again and God Bless. Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.