Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 1991 Opel Senator today that has an interesting history.
It was sold new in Japan by "Opel-Isuzu" - all the hand books are in Japanese!
Imported to New Zealand in 1998 as a "2nd-hand Jap Import" and sold for $15,999
The PO is decamping to Australia and sold it for a fraction of the original purchase price - to me! Has a 3.0L 12-valve (Cam-In-Head) C30NE six cylinder motor which has done 120,000 kms and still runs like a new one.
Nice 15 X 7 BBS mag wheels with Opel "Blitz" emblems on the caps - one of the major influences in my purchase of the car as they will fit my 1986 Opel Monza.
Pics of both cars outside my workshop this afternoon.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Looks good, working on a flock of Opels from every generation huh?

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Opels Dunnunda

Jim,
Don't kow if it's of any interest to you, but there is an A series Manta on Ebay just now listed as being in Queensland I think....
rgds, Rob.

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
a bit far away from jims though its what 1100-1300 miles and in another country so would need shipping and all the import rigmarole doing , but is a nice one thats for sure

·
Super Moderator
9,749 Posts
A little water hasn't stopped Rob :D Otherwise, his Broadspeed would still be in the UK.;)

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Help!

You guys ......! I am already getting the "silent" treatment and have had to say I am just "looking after" the Senator for someone else ...........
Do you all want to get me unhung???

It does look nice though ......... hmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
GTJIM said:
You guys ......! I am already getting the "silent" treatment and have had to say I am just "looking after" the Senator for someone else ...........
Do you all want to get me unhung???

It does look nice though ......... hmmmmmmm.
Noooo don't do it. The dog house is not a good place to live, the food is dry, the water is cold, the shower is from the garden hose.....what am I talking about that is not to bad. Go a head and join the rest of us in the dog house;)

·
Super Moderator
9,749 Posts
Jim;
Part of the "silent treatment" is because you can get the Opels we didn't;) , we just have to settle for the ones our dear GM decided to import.:mad:
But, either way, you're still our #1 man in Kiwi-land!!:D

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
ya, howcome we can't get all the opels...? anybody up for a vist to kiwi land, jims getting quite the muesuem started it seems, lol

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Oh Canada!!!

Not that I'm baiting or anything.....(Charles).....but the Calibra becomes eligible for import to Canada next year......:D

·
427 Posts
The 'silent treatment' isn't always a bad thing... hmmm... I wonder if there are any Opels available around here?.. could use a little peace and quiet for awhile..lol Just kidding... women are wonderful things and nothing but good advice and gold pours from their mouths... (had to put that in, the lil woman was peeking over my shoulder!)

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well .....

greensmurf20 said:
ya, howcome we can't get all the opels...? anybody up for a vist to kiwi land, jims getting quite the muesuem started it seems, lol
Just thought several of you might like to visit all at the same time so there would have to be a car for each of you to drive ......
Have to teach you to drive on the correct side of the road though!

I could put a row of bunks in the "doghouse" for accommidation - my warehouse has a small flat attached! Quite comfortable - really!;)

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Jim i'd love to go, I imagine it's the same driving teqnique there. Make sure the horn works and then the sidewalks are fair game on both sides of the street.

·
Registered
509 Posts
GTJIM said:
Picked up a 1991 Opel Senator today that has an interesting history.
It was sold new in Japan by "Opel-Isuzu" - all the hand books are in Japanese!
Imported to New Zealand in 1998 as a "2nd-hand Jap Import" and sold for $15,999
The PO is decamping to Australia and sold it for a fraction of the original purchase price - to me! Has a 3.0L 12-valve (Cam-In-Head) C30NE six cylinder motor which has done 120,000 kms and still runs like a new one.
Nice 15 X 7 BBS mag wheels with Opel "Blitz" emblems on the caps - one of the major influences in my purchase of the car as they will fit my 1986 Opel Monza.
Pics of both cars outside my workshop this afternoon.
I like it! Wow! Nice Car!:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts