Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Woww - I went through old pictures of mine before finally moving them from one corner of the house to the attic (and never look at them again...).
Precisely, I'm going through pics of my first honeymoon, in May/June of 1995. Now, since I'm married the 3rd time, the pictures lost a lot of their former meaning and glory to me. But wait - what's that? Driving the rented motorhome through Chicago, I took a picture of a Buick / Opel dealership??? Trying to google the location, it seems that it is now "Napleton Loren Hyundai" in Glenview IL, on the North side of Chicago. Right on the route where we were going through back then...

It's a small world.

Dieter

See the original picture, and the "modern" version from Google street view.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Woww - I went through old pictures of mine before finally moving them from one corner of the house to the attic (and never look at them again...).
Precisely, I'm going through pics of my first honeymoon, in May/June of 1995. Now, since I'm married the 3rd time, the pictures lost a lot of their former meaning and glory to me. But wait - what's that? Driving the rented motorhome through Chicago, I took a picture of a Buick / Opel dealership??? Trying to google the location, it seems that it is now "Napleton Loren Hyundai" in Glenview IL, on the North side of Chicago. Right on the route where we were going through back then...

It's a small world.

Dieter

See the original picture, and the "modern" version from Google street view.
Pictures of my first marriage were burned log ago.:yup: The ex of the first marriage burned me as well.:yup::ugh: Jarrell

·
Opeler
2,885 Posts
:thinking: White full size Buick wagon (near the sign) with imitation wood trim would be a collector.
A lot of people don't understand the value of their wives ... Until a judge decides the alimony amount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts