Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a nifty surprise in my mailbox today. The August 2005 issue of Classic & Sports Car magazine has a 4 page article about the Opel GT based 1972 Diesel Rekordwagen and the Speedster based 2003 Eco Speedster. The article has nice color pics of both cars, specs, and a brief story of the records they broke. To quote, "these two cars are record breakers and astonishing pieces of forward thinking. The Rekordwagen is so solid and dependable, with such touquey urge, that you could see yourself speeding across Europe in it, comfortably and economically." Sounds like that would be quite the adventure!
-Jeff W
'75 Manta
'73 Manta

·
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for sharing these pictures. WAAAYYYY Cool! Do you know if this this car still owned by Opel, or is it now in private hands? The history through time of factory racers & prototypes can often be quite interesting.
Thanks again,
-Jeff W

·
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! How fabulous to have this cache of Opel jewels preserved. Is this garage open to the public as a museum, or is more of an internal collection typically closed to public viewing? Thanks for sharing the pictures; they're quite inspirational!
-Jeff W

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Ok, how high is the fence and what is it made of? Steel or brick building? Guards or guard dogs would be good info too. um I just want to know that they are safe....honest. :D

·
www.opelgtworld.de
275 Posts
Opel Eco-Speedster
Average consumption of 2.5 litre diesel on 100 kilometer at a speed of 250 km/h.
The weight could be reduced to 660 kilograms with a carbon fiber outer skin. The Common Rail Diesel is with 1,3 litres capacity the smallest four-cylinder CR-Diesel of the world and carries out 112 HP. The air resistance factor finally could be lowered to 0,2, not least owing to the long tail body.

Attachments

·
77 Posts
The Secret Opel Museum

opelgtworld said:
It is an internal collection typically closed to public viewing.
The cars are there prepared for exhibitions.

As I understand the only time that the stored vehicles have been put on show (exhibition) was by train to celebrate 30 yrs Opel GT.

Why can't Opel (GM) understand that by opening the exibition (Collection) to the public they can earn money!!!!!!

Without having to sack workers in a country with 10% unemployment???

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Ah Ha!!

GM is making huge losses and closing down European operations - does this mean that these historic Opels MAY be on the market soon ???
Oh .... Please ..... PLEASE!! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.