Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
i finally got a good look ath the other car in town here. the shop owner let me take a look at it and gave me a bit of history. i guess the car is from BC and did run before they pulled the plugs and parked it 2 years ago. the body is smooth but you can see where there is a bit of ust bubbling through. the owners tried a bit of bondo and red primer to cover it. it needs to be fixed. rust is over top of wheel lips, one spot on the top of a fender and a few little spots just above the openings for the head lights. other than that the car looks not too bad. the shop guy tells me that it didnt run all that well and the wiring was shot. none of the lights work he says. i guess the owners dropped the car off at this guys shop do get fixed up and then havent called him or sent money or anything. its just been sitting.

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
barracuda, will the shop owner tell you the owners name & number? If they left it there and just left, make the shop owner a 1 or 2 hundred dollar bid to get it off his lot. You could then get a salvage title for it (as we call it here in Kansas).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i have been asking for a phone number. he says when gets to it he'll phone the owners and ask if they will let him give me the phone number.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
barracuda said:
i have been asking for a phone number. he says when gets to it he'll phone the owners and ask if they will let him give me the phone number.
Has the car got registration plates on it? Don't know about there but here the details of a car owner are in the public domain and available for a couple of bucks search fee. If you cannot access that data in Canada then remember that the trafic police usually have access to those details .... Just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
5,601 Posts
Chad,
I just sent you some info on Kat's GT in Oregon. It might be a bit far away, but then again...

As for the abandoned car there in Regina, I might have some advice. A number of years ago, a fellow left his MGB at my sister-in-laws shop for upholstery work. Short story, he never came back. She filed a "Mechanic's Lien" against the car, for unpaid storage charges and the work she had done. After a short waiting period, she applied to the Courts (I believe the Provincial Court) to take over the car's title, which they granted. I believe it took about a couple of month or three in total, after which she was free to sell or otherwise dispose of the car. Which she did by selling it to her (and also Myrna's) brother who has been restoring it since.

Anyway, I believe that is essentially the procedure to allow the shop owner to "force" the sale of the car to you.

HTH

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello all! i was wondering about this yellow gt in the pictures. where is it from, how much is it? (if it is for sale) I am from edmonton, and am in the same boat. i am looking for a gt as a project car (hopefully road worthy by next summer) Or any tips on a gt for sale in canada would be great!!

Leon

·
Super Moderator
5,601 Posts
baz said:
leon the date tag on those posts is from june of 2004 so i doubt its still there :(
I wouldn't be so sure, as it seemed to be a long term "sitter". Drop me a PM and I'll send you my contact info, and also give the guy a call to see if it is still around

21 - 28 of 28 Posts