Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Army Opeler
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Berkley, Michigan. does anyone know a good garage used to working on opels? i have a 72 GT. i took the 1.9 out and put a 2.2 in with a weber 36 degas carb, electronic distributor, electronic fuel pump. i've got it in a garage right now at brakes and more at 14 mile and coolidge. the guys there are doing their best on it but they can't seem to get the car to crank over. any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
13,242 Posts
I live in Berkley, Michigan. does anyone know a good garage used to working on opels? i have a 72 GT. i took the 1.9 out and put a 2.2 in with a weber 36 degas carb, electronic distributor, electronic fuel pump. i've got it in a garage right now at brakes and more at 14 mile and coolidge. the guys there are doing their best on it but they can't seem to get the car to crank over. any ideas?
Do you mean by this statement that you have the original LE-Jetronic 2.2 distributor? If so, it is controlled by the EFI, and the advance curve is mechanically 'fixed'. This may cause hard starting by having too much timing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts