Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· 70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find out if there is anybody interested in a possible Opel gathering Saturday October 1, 2005.

There is a possibility of getting a group of us, along with their machines, together for a display and some fun for the family.

I'm just starting to test the water now.

Chris

2,037 Posts
Chris
If there are others like yourself in your area who can not make it to the 66 Mother Road fest you should by all means have a get together there. I know we can not make all the events going on this year. I had planned on making it to Carlisle but it did not work out. I have seen some posts from a group over in the West MO. East Kansas area who have wanted to have a meeting. I think there was some talk of going to the lake of the ozarks. Wally from Lone Jack MO. has made the Route 66 event the last couple of years. Maybe some other time you all can make the event as a group. I don't think I can swing it this year but a trip in your direction is not out of the question. Good luck on your event.
John

· 70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm still working on replacing my transmission. The 4 speed is giving me fits so I've talked with Gil about a 5 speed unit. Still waiting for word of it's arrival. Hopefully, it will be here and in by that time. My son sure can't wait.

Interesting responses from two guys that live along Route 66. I grew up in Central Missouri where part of I-44 was still the Old Route 66. The area I was familiar with was called Devil's Elbow.

2,037 Posts
Chris
Just a suggestion but you may want to make your meeting a part of the Opels Across America effort ( OAA ). Most years this is attempted sometime in mid October. The concept is to have a lot of local Opel Gatherings at the same time giving the most Opelers the chance to meet with others. Have not seen much on this yet but if you post the question maybe someone will pick a date.
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.