Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, when i got my GT 1100 it had only one solex carb as seen in photo of teh engine bay below. Now in progress of the full restoration of teh car, thinking to go back to dual carb set up. Can someone please help and post some pics of the throttle linkages and any other usefull info? i found the dual carb manifold on ebay and a second carb that is not exactly identical and not sure if its suitable, plus i bought some linkages from a mercedes i think that would be usefull in the conversion . (in the carb photos the left carb was the one working, btw the engine was working good , started always easy, good idle and acceleration). Thanks for your assistance and replies. George.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you have Whatsapp I can Mail you all the pics you ask for. (mobile Phone number via private messanger)

btw,
if you do not have the Original Solex carb, you can use two Single carbs from the Kadett B 1.1. 45HP engine.
D= 26mm
But you have to change the Jets.
Main from 117,5 To 105
Air from 100 To 110
Idle from 50 To 55
Thanks for your reply, i pmed my number

·
Registered
699 Posts
George, That's a fine thing you're doing ! Dual carbs look good , maybe even sound good (?)
Here are some pics that may help. I didn't see a ( manual ) choke cable in your pictures. (??)
And U S cars had a 'computer', and a sensor between the carbs , with a single wire connecting them.
.... I can take close ups of any thing involved with carbs . Can send higher resolution pics via email. Roy

Attachments

·
Opel Key Master
5,277 Posts
The carbs from the Kadett 1.1SR are different than the GT ones. The hose connections for the air cleaner are different on the top. The choke linkage is different for the GT as well. I have a NOS rear carburetor for sale for the GT.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
t
George, That's a fine thing you're doing ! Dual carbs look good , maybe even sound good (?)
Here are some pics that may help. I didn't see a ( manual ) choke cable in your pictures. (??)
And U S cars had a 'computer', and a sensor between the carbs , with a single wire connecting them.
.... I can take close ups of any thing involved with carbs . Can send higher resolution pics via email. Roy
Thanks so much great pics, very helpfull !!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The carbs from the Kadett 1.1SR are different than the GT ones. The hose connections for the air cleaner are different on the top. The choke linkage is different for the GT as well. I have a NOS rear carburetor for sale for the GT.
Yes indeed, can you please advise the cost for your offered carburator and some pics?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts