Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am starting high performance classes at my local college and im wanting to build up my dads 1973 opel gt. Its got a 1.9 liter in it. In my classes i can do pretty much anything to the engine i want, as long as i buy the parts. All the machining is free. we are blueprinting it, balancing it, all the goodies. We can bore it out, port the head, whatever. I guess what im asking is some help on deciding what parts i should put on this engine to make it a pretty sweet little car. ive heard that these can be some pretty high revving engines, and thats what i want. I have read many parts of this forum and ive heard talk of using pistons from a 350? that sound pretty sweet to me. Im also trying to decide on the carburetor setup. The duel webber sounds nice but im not exactly sure of the price on those. Would a holley 500 2 barrel work? please help me out here guys i really want this car to work out

·
Opeler
42 Posts
This web site is a great place to get tips. Just search the forums and just about every subject has been covered before. There are also some other web sites I recommend.

http://www.tgsi.com/tech.html

http://www.opelgtmotorsport.com/enginedata.html

I noticed your in Ohio....me too. Where abouts in Ohio, Im in Dayton. It sounds like you class is a Sinclair CC class. Not that many community colleges offer high performance engine classes.

Scott Broyles
Dayton, Ohio
[email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, i actually am taking those classes at sinclair. And i also live in dayton. Maybe you can help me out with this thing. From what ive heard, i should go with a different head. Im not real sure on the price on one of those, plus i dont have tons of money. I would really just like to build up the one ive got.

·
Detritus Maximus
3,114 Posts
Ok, from here on out, everyone chant, "Legere 2.4. Legere 2.4. Legere 2.4.........."
Seriously, if you have access to the equipment and free machining, you'd be crazy not to do this!
Plus, you will amaze your friends.....:eek:

·
Registered
2,119 Posts

·
1,735 Posts
George was late because car won't idle.

·
Über Genius
9,535 Posts

·
Opelitis afflicted
531 Posts

·
Opelitis afflicted
531 Posts
I'm not sure that it's even possible to hijack a 12 year old thread!
Ah crap, I never looked at the date.
I'm just fed up with the ongoing slating of Georgeopel posts. Life is too short to listen to this sort of bull. If you are not interested in his or people like him and their posts then just don't read them, there is certainly no need to comment.

Ironic how I am now part of the hijack I tried to stop! Back now to your normal scheduled programming.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts