Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opel GT bumper (1968–1973) by stainless steel
(Opel GT Stoßfänger)

One set includes: 1 front bumper, 2 halves rear bumpers, 4 overrides and mounting kit
The bumper is copied from the original in shape, size and is perfectly comparable to the original bumper.
The bumper is made from 304 stainless steel (it never rust, even at different temperatures), After the bumper is finished, it is polished to high gloss. It looks like chrome. The inside of the bumper is painted with many layers, making it smoother and more beautiful.
Please see Video below:
The current bumper models we have: Mercedes, Datsun, BMW, Volvo, Volkswagen, Jaguar, Ford, Opel, Triumph....
More than that, we always want to work towards developing more new models. So we are searching for samples from any customers who can cooperate with us to expand some kinds of products in stainless steel, rubber, steel, aluminum, copper, chrome such as bumpers, trims, plate number frames, parts of classic cars, modern cars, stainless steel tools for high-class bathrooms, stainless steel parts for high-end tables and chairs.
The choice for your car: luxury – class. If you need bumpers for any classic car, please contact.
We can support for you: bumperautomobile.com, Opel GT bumper, Opel GT Stoßfänger
Email: [email protected]
Web: Bumper

·
Vendor
2,940 Posts
I'm guessing that these are the same stainless steel bumpers that OGTS and other vendors have been offering for a while. They actually sell the front and rear separately, if you don't need both. For what it is worth, I've seen those in person and they are very nice. The fit and finish is beautiful, but looks a little different than traditional chromed brightwork in my opinion.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,260 Posts
Yup, same company makes them for OGTS, Ebay, etc. Totally excellent product, even better than new. As many people have noticed, fitting a GT bumper can often be a PIA. Every one of the 6 GT's I've had had difficult to fit bumpers, even when the bumper I was fitting was from the same car after it came back from the paint shop. I bought just the front bumper and it fit so perfectly and lined up with all the bolt holes so well that I was done in 10 minutes. I was astounded. This company makes really good stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup, same company makes them for OGTS, Ebay, etc. Totally excellent product, even better than new. As many people have noticed, fitting a GT bumper can often be a PIA. Every one of the 6 GT's I've had had difficult to fit bumpers, even when the bumper I was fitting was from the same car after it came back from the paint shop. I bought just the front bumper and it fit so perfectly and lined up with all the bolt holes so well that I was done in 10 minutes. I was astounded. This company makes really good stuff.
My friend, Thank you very much, I am very happy that you are satisfied with our bumpers, we will try to do better in the future. Again, Thank you so much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm guessing that these are the same stainless steel bumpers that OGTS and other vendors have been offering for a while. They actually sell the front and rear separately, if you don't need both. For what it is worth, I've seen those in person and they are very nice. The fit and finish is beautiful, but looks a little different than traditional chromed brightwork in my opinion.
Yes, Thank your comment.
Our bumper is copied from the original samples, so shape and size like the bumpers original
Our bumper is made from 304 stainless steel, no rust, 2mm thickness, them polished mirror like chrome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And how much Will shipping cost be from Vietnam to the Netherlands?
Yes, I sell Front and Rear bumper is USD 470 + ship + fees PayPal (if have)
If you agree on the price, please give me your address and postcode. I will check the shipping cost for you. Thank you very much

·
Registered
1969 Opel Gt 1.9 Automatic
292 Posts
Dear Young Gt Lover
I sell one set bumpers is USD 470 + ship + fees PayPal (if have)
Price for Rear bumper is USD 250 + ship + fees PayPal (if have)
Please think and let me know. Could we talk on Whatsapp?
That would be so much easier
I am tempted. Here are mine right now.

·
Registered
1969 Opel Gt 1.9 Automatic
292 Posts
Save your money for the necessary parts, like an engine rebuild and body repair. Shiny stuff comes at the end, or it least it should.
Yah I agree I am just getting excited and kind of planning ahead.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,260 Posts
Save your money for the necessary parts, like an engine rebuild and body repair. Shiny stuff comes at the end, or it least it should.
Yup.

There are people who will GIVE you half decent rear bumpers.

Make a list of all the parts that you would like to have better examples of and post it. A lot of guys have a garage full of parts that they just want gone now. You might have to do a road trip, but you could come home with all the stuff you need for the price of gas. There are also a lot of parts cars out there that have virtually all the parts intact and in good condition, but the body is totally shot. Keep an eye out for those kinds of deals. Join the Facebook Opel groups, there's literally hundreds of guys offering parts and cars all the time.

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
639 Posts
Just a thought for you, Young GT Lover. It may be helpful for you to keep a running list which will help you to have an idea of the parts that you are going to need/want and to track your project and to get and idea of the cost and also to prioritize your needs all at the same time. So start a list on Opel GT Source, that is just pick and choose and fill up your cart and save it. You don't have to buy it but this is a handy tool that I have used and it allows me to keep track of things that I need/want and keeps me focused on projects coming up and the order in which I want to complete them. One of the other benefits of this exercise is that it will help you to be sure that you have all of the parts you are going to need for any given project. OGTS generally lists all of the parts involved in any given replacement. And it helps you track the expense too and helps you decide what you want and what you really have to have/need. Glad to see that you are making progress and it has been fun to watch and listen to your recent achievements. Keep up the good work and good luck regarding your project and your continued success. Its all about having fun.

It is very satisfying to look at how it use to look/run and how it looks and runs today. The picture below is of my car in 1994 when I began to dismantle the car. When I began the project, looks pretty rough, Eh. The second picture is what it looks like now after 26 years of hard labor. Again keep in mind this did not happen over night and we all have different ideas of what the outcome of our project will look like or that is what we want, that is a show car or a daily driver or something in between. Mine evolved over many many years - you think you are done but then things just keep popping up that look like a good project - again my GT was done over 26 years. In the past year I have added the snorkel system, a new aluminum radiator, new master cylinder, big brake booster, polished the valve cover, cleaned and rebuilt a carburetor that was 11 years old but only had around 1800 miles on it, added the Weber cap to the carb - had that and the whole snorkel assemble power coated, installed my radiator shroud, never knew how to until I read Gordon's post so while I had a new shroud for 20 years never installed it until this year. Anyway my point is to take it one step at a time so as not to become overwhelmed. Looking at an old car that needs lots of work can be very frustrating. Also, study this forum - you will be amazed at what you learn. Again good luck and happy Opeling. Best., Carl
again good luck and keep up the good work................

1 - 20 of 23 Posts