Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some suggestions on what color to paint my 1973 Opel GT! My original thought was black.. but now I am kind of leaning away from it. It has the California Style Front Spoiler, the Side Skirts, Rear Skirts, and a rear spoiler. I also have 15" chrome rims, that will probably have a little bit of low profile. Whats a good color for this car? Anything you think would look good, just request it. Stripes, Flames, Multi-Color, One Color, ANYTHING! lol Thanks a ton

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
my 2 cents

a gt looks good in any color!!! I'm getting mine painted where it is silver in the very front and while getting darker silver towards the middle it fades into a dark metallic midnight blue. well any ways i think plan stripe look good on a gt too.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Have a look in the Opel Photo Gallery - Members Photos on this site. Lots of good colours there - including my GM Holden Laurel Green GT:D

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,115 Posts
honestly, i think white makes the ass end look mean with 4 red round tail lights. rest of car looks good white too, maybe run 2 red stripes or something down it, i bet that'd be sweet too.

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
i like mine its 2004 chevy red with a black strip down the center with a clear coat over the whole thing its really sweet looking i think but i think a gt looks good in any color with few exceptions, pink, puke yellow like u see on old benzs, and a plain old brown. jus my 2 cents

·
Registered
213 Posts
allthough i don't like spoilers and big chrome pimpi'n rims on a GT, if i was to look at a GT from the "sports car" point of view rather than classic, i would choose tirquise or that smooth blue with a drop of green in it. something like the backround on this forum only darker and greener. It gives it a bit of uniqueness. and the dark blue/green goes great with chrome.

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'm going with billiard13 and the Electric Blue Pearl from the 2004 PT cruiser...very nice looking! I think that would look sweet with freshly chromed bumpers, and possibly some sort of silver racing stripe or something? Anyone ever heard of/seen flames on a GT? Just a thought...

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,115 Posts
havent seen flames, but have seen a black GT with big cartoonish paint blobs on it, looks sweet really.

·
179 Posts
Sparky73 said:
IAnyone ever heard of/seen flames on a GT? Just a thought...
Yeah... Its called an electrical fire in the engine compartment and it's not pretty.

Seriously... Flames look good on nostalgic cars like 30's coupes and t buckets. Flames and GT's don' t mix.

·
Opel Addicts
2,480 Posts
Here is another pictures of flames on a GT (if I can get it to attach)

Vickie

Attachments

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey all, went to a Chrysler Dealership tonight to check out that color on a PT Cruiser. They didn't have the blue, but I did see something that might look sweet. It was like a Charcole/Silver color that was also on a PT Cruiser. Not sure how great it would look on a GT, but it looked good with chrome, and I also thought it would look good with like blue flames or a blue racing stripe. Just my opinion, what do you all think?

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here are some pictures of that grey color, and also the blue, on a PT Cruiser. Looks alot better in person!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.