Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Riding Low
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is an idea,,,that is if gary don't mind the traffic? i have meet some people from my area on this site(St.Louis area) and thare are a lot of people in this area that have opels and or restoring them,,,thare are 3 gts in my little town,,,and at least 7 or 8 i have seen in st.louis,,,well what about OPELGT.COM rear window or small wing window stickers,,,would help to find more poeple to do opel stuff in the spring and fall. also if thare is anyone in the St.Louis area please email me we are getting a group together,,,as one said"for a 12 step program" or going to shows and cruises,,,,,,,just an idea,,,,gary thanks for the wonderfull site,,,,,,,,,ravn

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
Great idea. I even plan to put some on my racecar, it may get some press coverage. I have a friend who owns a Gerber vinyl machine and appropriate software. She could make our decals for us, if you wanted. No minimums, any color. Just get me the correct font and we're on our way. Gary, just say the word....

Bob

BTW, Gary you DO deserve thanks on a regular basis. Keep up the great job. I will again be making a donation to opelgt.com next year, as soon as my Christmas bills are paid off!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, Doesn't it always work like that. I even have some Oracal 5 mil film we never use. It would have to be first surface print with a clear coat over it. Also I couldn't necessary vouch for longevity we use UV inks they tend to discolor after 2-3 years in direct sunlight( SO that is probably not the way to go). As long as the Logo wasn't too intense we could do it cheap if you want an outrageous 4 color process logo we would have to go with the Digital printer instead of silk screening process. By the way that's what I do we have probably the #1 silkscreening business in the nation as far as printing Payphone signage. If you want large Quantities ( cheaper per piece that way)I am sure I could find an outsource to do this alot of times thats the cheapest way to go anyway, just find out how many you would want figure out the logo and what verbage you would like on it, and let me know I can get you some quotes fairly easy. Also let me know sizes smaller is better.

RITTER

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Possibly an inkling of an idea?

If they were less than, say $3, I would be willing to buy at least 5 of them. I suspect the price would be more in the $0.30 range, but it might be a way for us all to help Gary cover the cost of the site if we all payed a bit more to him for something like this.

Just an idea.

One more idea might be to limit them to near the size of an inspection sticker. Then those of us that don't really like stickers on our cars, let alone a .com sticker, could use the tabs like motorcycles use for inspection stickers to mount them.

Thats my $.04 on the subject.

·
184 Posts
opelgt.com stickers

I'd agree with the sticker being not too big. If they were reasonable in cost and not too obnoxious is size I'd buy several. One for my GT, a couple for my other cars, one for my Thule ski box, I'm sure I'll think of more places. I recently signed up to get The Blitz and got some stuff with the first issue. The sticker provided was nice but rather large so I opt'ed not putting it on my GT. Question: are we talking about "glue on back-bumper sticker" or "glue on front - glass window sticker only"?

Jimsky
'73 GT

·
Member 1000 Post Club
1,520 Posts
Two Styles

Sounds like we need two styles/sizes then. Big and Bold ones for our Race cars and Small/descret ones for our Street cars.

Anyone have change for a nickle?

Paul

·
Riding Low
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
opel stickers

i was thinking of maybe 2 differant ones,,,,a large one that has block very readable letters(WWW.OPELGT.COM) and smaller one like what oldopelguy said,,,,and it could be a fund raiser for gary,,,,,the large one just make it white vinial cut outs and the other a small 2 color to make it cheap,,,,,just another thought,,,

·
GT Resurrectionist
67 Posts
Sorry not a big fan of stickers on street cars, But if there were a teeshirt with the (Opel GT . com) logo on it I would buy at least two.

·
Opeler
11 Posts
let me know if you want to get stickers made. i can do the artwork. i make stickers and shirts all of the time. i can do a couple of designs if you want and you can all look at them and pick one and have them made for a real good price.
let me know
[email protected]

·
Riding Low
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea,, sounds cool but i think we should put it to a vote on the art work and the size of them,,,gary said hes cool with it,,,,but we would for sure need the OPELGT.COM stickers that go across the back window,,,---for the race cars----:D

·
115 Posts
This sounds like a good fund raiser for Gary, good advertising for the site and Opels. It appears it is a win win situation. I would definitely acquire several. Will you be posting the designs and then voting?

·
Opel Newbie, Truck Oldie
22 Posts
What about static cling decals?

Personally, I'm highly averse to putting permanent stickers on vehicles...and I'm not the only one apparently, because the other board I hang out on (www.67-72chevytrucks.com of course, heh) has static-cling decals.

Just a random suggestion. :)

·
Opeler
11 Posts
i wouldnt mind helping out. my dad has raced opels for almost 20 years. he has 3 GTs, a manta, a kadette and a kadette wagon. the new racecar is a GT and i will try to get some pics on here of the progress. he is just wrapping up the roll cage right now. it is a circletrack car. i will talk to my friend and see what we can come up with next week. let me knowand i promise no obnoxious honda type sickers of course.

·
Super Moderator
9,765 Posts
I would be interested in stickers, I put them on the side windows of my Sportwagon. So far I have Recaro (which I actually do have in the car) and the Euro "Opel Sport" sticker. I need to get a set of BBS and Cibie. But, even hats, shirts and such would be interesting.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,994 Posts
Hmmm.... somehow I missed this thread before now.
I'm also in St. Louis (Ravn-who are you? Where did you get your car?). I used to work in a billboard shop (sign shops are for 'ground huggers"!:D ) and we did alot of cut vinyl lettering/logos, anyway, my boss/friend found a couple of Opel logos in some logo software he had. He made a couple of pieces for me that were the newer style logo (box with blitz emblem and "OPEL" underneath), black, and 6" or so square (gave one to Calvin). Or maybe 6" x 8".
I have thought of doing this before, but was worried about copyright issues. I had also thought of doing vinyl emblems to replace the "1900" on modified cars: "2000", '2200', '2400', '5700' (for the Chevy guys), etc., you get the idea. Not as nice as the metal 3-D piece, but a nice touch.
The Blitz emblem and Opel could very easily be separated and produced individually, any size.
It would be cool to have a selection of Opel logos to choose from to match the era of car.

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
gt stickers

the idea of a sticker for the back window sounds great. i would
buy one maybe two. are we talking about just a black colored
sticker that say OPELGT.COM or would it be anthor color. i also
like the idea of the static cling type that goes on the inside and can be removed and reapllied easily. well thats my .72 cents

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
gt stickers

the idea of a sticker for the back window sounds great. i would
buy one maybe two. are we talking about just a black colored
sticker that say OPELGT.COM or would it be anthor color. i also
like the idea of the static cling type that goes on the inside and can be removed and reapllied easily. well thats my .72 cents

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.