Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Opel Key Master
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now available are correct reproductions of the GT door VIN decals. Each of the years available are correct in style, with weights and measures correctly displayed for 72 and 73 year models. You must submit your proof of ownership and we will print your decal for $50.00 shipped in the USA. We are working on the tamper proof die currently, but not available at this time. Paint will show through the Font of the VIN just as factory. What a great detail item for the GT, Kadett, and (Manta up to 71).

·
Pedal Smasher
1,946 Posts
Awesome!!!!!! I remember you saying this was in the works. Once you get the tamper proof die figured out, we could finally have proper reproductions of the engine bay tag.

I’ve been needing to talk to you about getting some keys made. Does the number stamped into the key work? Or do I need to pull a door handle off?

·
Registered
885 Posts
I believe I was told either the door handle has to come of or the ignition if they use the same key
I know crap what a pain in the yuuka

·
Registered
885 Posts
I believe I was told either the door handle has to come of or the ignition if they use the same key
I know crap what a pain in the yuuka

·
Opeler
2,882 Posts
Here is the discussion regarding key blanks and codes:

·
Pedal Smasher
1,946 Posts
Thanks Lindsay.

Back to the focus point of this thread, I can't wait for the tamper proof to be sorted out. I'm thinking that would have to happen behind (the sticky side) if you look at the original stickers. The front is still very smooth despite the numerous cuts, which makes me think that the die must cut from the backside to almost all the way through. Like 0.2mm shy of cutting through the sticker. And then they printed on top of this material.

It also makes sense that the die cutting was on the backside. If you're trying to manufacture this material, I could see it happening like this...
1. raw material is cut into desired width, and also tamper proof cut.
2. Cut material now has adhesive applied.
3. Material is cut for the other dimension of the sticker.
4. Any printing is done to the almost finished stickers.
5. For the VIN / build date decal, these are now punched into the finished sticker.

·
Pedal Smasher
1,946 Posts
Keith, will you reproduce the engine bay stickers? What I can find is only for 1971.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts