Opel GT Forum banner

Opel GT for sale with Alfa Romeo 2.0 swap in LA

545 Views 14 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  opelbits
Reactions: 1
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
I’d like to see a picture of the undercarriage.
Reactions: 2
From previous discussions on this site, I recall that this is a pretty challenging swap. It looks like they had to get creative with the shifter to get things lined up. Looks like decent build quality though.
Curious as to why the motor sits so far back. Oil pan clearance? I see the Alfa radiator with the filler neck extending back.
Head or head gasket service is an engine out or down affair....they use head studs, so head has to come straight up off the block.
It looks like it has some modifications to the suspension. The rear is jacked up and the wheels are positioned far back on the right side. I can't tell if it's the camera angle and if it's the same way on the left side.

See less See more
The position of the shifter seems uncomfortable to me, but you never know until you try it.
Poor lens choice and photography skills will not help the sale of this unique car. However I do like this yellow, please don't tell Gordo.
I wonder what they did to the rear suspension.
Mixed emotions on this one...
Yellow makes it worse... :sick: :ROFLMAO:😜
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Mixed emotions on this one...
Yellow makes it worse... :sick: :ROFLMAO:😜
Yeah I sent this to my grandpa and he doesn’t like the yellow wheels. It would be interesting to go for a drive in this one to see how fast it is.
Yeah, red used to be the definitive sports car color, but it has been largely replaced by yellow starting about 20 years ago.

I don't even like red, it's just dumb luck that I reentered the Opel hobby with a red car(originally yellow), the Red Baron. Then I made things worse and painted my next car red(The GTX), although I had every intention of painting it yellow. But, I figured I couldn't walk away from the whole Red Baron and Snoopy thing I had going. That car was originally yellow also. Now I finally have a yellow GT, the Banana. It came to me in black, but it also was originally yellow.

Notice that this guy's wheels are almost exactly like my GTX car's wheels, minus the polished rim bit:

See less See more
figured I couldn't walk away from the whole Red Baron and Snoopy thing I had going.
  • Haha
Red was the color for Italian race cars, green for the British, blue for the French, white for US, silver for Germany. Yellow was Belgium. Along with mayonnaise, lots of mayonnaise on their cars.
  • Haha
1 - 15 of 15 Posts