Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Opeler
38 Posts
Opel goes to the Prom

Dan, it wouldn't be the first time an Opel has appeared at the Prom. My first GT drove me to the Prom some years back. I took the second love of my life at the time (the car being the first, of course). Now, some years later after I sold that first GT, I have a second one that maybe my son can take his date to the Prom in. Also, I lost contact with the girl but found her again 2 years ago. We still remain good friends and I am looking forward to the day to travel to where she is in my new GT. :D

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Yeah, please resize it and repost it. All I get is a really really pixelated bad photo.

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
but the seats do go back far.. i'll shut up now... :D nice picture.. i hope mine will be ready for prom next year.. damn those expensive limo's.. argh :mad:

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,115 Posts
that is awesome to see the GT taken to prom. mine'll be there next year, 2 Michigan GTs taken to prom. really nice looking car, it looks great.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
My gt wont be making it to the prom saturday becuase of lacking headlights, and the date has a white dress and I can't promise that the interior doesnt have oil or grease anywhere.

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
Well I didn't have a GT go to my prom, but I had a '74 Manta Luxus for that date. I will let you know if my son takes my GT or my wife's camaro to his prom in about 12 years :D

·
Super Moderator
6,365 Posts
Hmm, for Grade 12 Grad I had a 1961 Austin Healey Bugeyed Sprite. It was about four sizes too small to get any action (if you follow my drift), so I borrowed my Dad's '73 Chrysler Newport Custom. The back seat could have fit me, my date AND the Bugeye!

University grad happened a number of years later, and a couple of cars past. Both my significant other (later to become "the wife", Myrna to you folks that have met her) and I had Opel GT's at the time, and "action" wasn't as important as getting home early so I could finish my damn thesis and graduate (since Convocation and Graduation aren't necessarily the same thing!). So I think we took my GT (as it was running better at the time), but I don't seem to have any photos of either night. But here are what the cars looked like at the time. Now remember, that is 1976 and 1983 respectively...

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.