Opel GT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 296 Posts

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Looking for anything getrag related, minus the getrag.

OGTS is getting some in soon, and I might dip into the old hooker fund to treat myself. OXYMORONIC? perhaps

Before I opt for the conversion kit, i thought I would ask here if anyone might have a modified driveshaft, or other goodies that make the swap perfect.

Thank you kindly

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Need some junk stock calipers for cores.

found some nice new ATE brand calipers, not old stock from 40 yrs ago. Well there is a huge core charge, and need some cores. Ones on car now still work, not seized, replacing for looks and full resto.

I definitely prefer the ATE over the ones being sold nowadays.

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
My Buddy Steve In Green bay here, who bought the GT in Atlanta with the help of Gene is in need of a front bumper bracket. square tuber thingy inside front bumper. his is rusted pretty bad and beyond repair.

Please help him out. He is a much older fella so he doesnt do forums much.

He is half done with paint and body, ill post pics for him soon.

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Bradford,

Go outside and clean out your post office mailbox, should have your answer in there. haha

I didnt even see the pics last week, until now. Superb quality man! Thanks again.

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Tis Opel Season

Sorry for all the posts lately fellas, but as the title states........ its that time of year.

I did not want to pay the high retail prices for an automatic driveshaft to go get butchered, so here I am.

Lemme know what you might need otherwise cash will work.

Also, I have a brand new Redline Weber 38 in box if anyone is interested. $250 shipped

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I must not be trying hard enough. I havent pissed off everyone yet, gots me a drive shaft and somebody got them selves a bouncing baby weber 38.

Thank you

Case closed

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Any of you fine gentleman happen to have a fancy dancy rear differential cover you changed your mind on?

Something shiny.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Diff. cover

JJ, you are welcome to the stock cover w/ drain plug, I will take pictures later. :yup: The resonator covers 90 % of it, paint it chrome and be done. :yup:

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Diff. Cover

JJ, Up date, it is a stock cover, the po put a square end bolt in it, instead of the hex head plug I'm use to seeing, your still welcome to it, :yup:

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
haha , looks like gordons wouldnt fit?

Ive been busy changing shocks and motor mounts on my Saab.

Thanks Brad, send it on my way. ill paint it orange like the pumpkin it is.

·
Bikini Inspector
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I yanked on my crank too hard and bent my pulley.

jk

I wasn't thinking and lowered my motor to ground right on pulley and bent it. doooh!

please help

Also is grinding the getrag bellhousing absolutely necessary with s-10 clutch? seems like no rub?? Ill go pull on the clutch arm and try again

61 - 80 of 296 Posts