Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi to all
i have a 1970 opel gt - just replaced the stock manifold with a four branch from an opel manta - fitting is quite easy - apart from where the manifold pipe lies across the engine mount this needs to be shaped flat but very slight. hope this is useful to gt owners.forgot to mention this went with twin 40 webbers.

239 Posts
Dexter

I bought one of these pacesetter manifolds also, and I fitted it to a 1970 GT parts car for a test fit and your right the fwd down pipe does rest on the right engine mount if not slightly bent. I'm thinking on putting on the running 1972 Gt with an automatic tranny, then a weber and a mild cam and flat top pistons from my 70 parts car...

(What I'd like too know from you is the sound and the performace differance you have noticed by adding the header??? And what are you running behind that just one muffler and or a resonator at the end as well)???

Some seem to think that the sprint manifold is better than a header, anything is better than the stock manifold/w heat riser that like mine tend to crack at the middle exhaust port!!! :(

Thanks for the post and I'll be checking back too hear about your end results!!!

Rick

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've got a set of twin 40 webbers, and i'm waiting for a 2'' straight through and centrebox which is being made at the moment.the engine is a 2 litre race tuned by the previous owner, but i dont have the full spec at the moment, sat on 17'' rims from an early bmw with yellow koni shocks all round. dexter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.