Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Opeler
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good mechanic for Opels in the midwest (Minnesota preferred but reasonable driving distance is OK)? I can do some basics but have some more extensive work to do on my 70 GT.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have yet to take my GT to one, but I do know of a couple of old import Mechanic shops in St. Paul. One Ive seen services some pretty intresting cars.(Masarati, Saab Sonnet, alfa romeo) I could look up Phone #'s for you. As I do not know the names off hand.

·
Opeler
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please do

That would be great. Any hints would help on who to go to. I live in the St. Paul area (North suburbs) so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

·
Registered
47 Posts
i know of a great guy but in milwaukee wisconsin. right now he is rebuilding a gt engine for someone in chicago. let me know if you want to get a hold of him

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,406 Posts
Stay away from this Mechanic

Anyone we know?

Attachments

·
Opeler
176 Posts
Well, Im in East Bethel about 30 miles miles north of you. I have been working on Opels for 20+ years. Check out my website Wild Wheels Automotive - Home Page . What do you need done? About the only thing Im not comfortable with is engine rebuilding. I have tore down many an Opel...... and even put some back together! :haha:

Tom

·
Viking
862 Posts
Hey, I just checked out your website. Nice to see that you use my "drawings".:veryhappy

·
Opeler
176 Posts
Hallgeir

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh nice to be able to give the credit to the person that deserves it. Thank You for the drawings, they have truly been helpful, I have probably printed a 100 or so copies to sketch out my ideas. When I try to draw a car it turns into the automotive equivalent of stick people :haha:

Thanks again!
Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts