Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was skimming through the channels last night at about 3 am and I saw the beggining theme to love boat on tvland and I waited and after the intro was over it had an over view of a parking lot and sure enough there was an orange opel gt in plain sight. I always expect to see an opel on CHiPs but I have seen every episode (that I am aware of) and I have never seen one. has anyone ever seen an opel in a movie or series show?

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
On a few of the earlier Get Smart shows, the guy drove either a 69' or a 70' GT. It was like a dark green color. I am only 15..so my mom remembers better than I do! I only know from Re-Runs :)

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
i dont know much about an opel gt in movies, but im pretty sure there is an opel speedster in the movie "national sucurity". it drives by quickly so watch it on dvd and view it in slow motion. by the way it is a great comedy....

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
Opel on Shazam

It's funny that you started this thread, at this time. I was up late on either Friday or Saturday and was flipping through channels and I think it was the Sci-Fi channel that was showing the old Shazam show that ran originally from 1974-1978. I was watching the ending of it where Billy and whoever else is riding in a old Winnebago RV. They pulled off to the side of the road and the next car behind them and the first to pass them was an orange Opel GT.

Seems the GT has shown up in al kinds of various shows.

My guess on why the GT has not been seen on CHiPs is it ran from 77-78. That's 5-6 years after the last year of GT's. Don't know for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts