Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is another question posted by me,its again about
gt originals!
a original 1971 owners manual,I posted a thread concerning the number of gt's build in 1971(aprox 14.900 pieces)so finding a original is a hard task, however????
any suggestions?:eek:

·
Opeler
747 Posts
I got mine (excellent shape) for $15 with shipping and insurance from this place. I checked their website just now but they don't show a '71 manual in stock - I'd call them anyway.

MacAdam's Antiques
>> P.O. Box 1745
>> Benicia, CA 94510
>>
>> Sincerely, Leonard Needham
>> for MacAdam's Antiques on TIAS
>> http://www.tias.com/stores/macadams/
>>

There are a number of other places as well. I can't remember who I bought my service manual from right now, but if you do an internet search for "opel owners manual" you'll find lots of places to check. I think I may have dealt with this place too:

http://www.books4cars.com/3way/default.asp

·
Administrator
9,966 Posts
Here's a good one...
Last year, I bought a rare Opel GT service manual on eBay. The seller was located nearby so I arranged to pick it up. When I got there, I asked the usual "Got anything else Opel" question. He replied " Nothing for the GT, but I have some Kadett and Olympia books" and he showed me an original 1951 Opel Olympia Owners Manual in English. I tried to keep a poker face and quickly bought the manual. After which I told him that I had recently purchased one of the 2 known '51 Olympias in the U.S. What are the odds on something like that happening?

·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gt owners manual

Gary said:
Here's a good one...
Last year, I bought a rare Opel GT service manual on eBay. The seller was located nearby so I arranged to pick it up. When I got there, I asked the usual "Got anything else Opel" question. He replied " Nothing for the GT, but I have some Kadett and Olympia books" and he showed me an original 1951 Opel Olympia Owners Manual in English. I tried to keep a poker face and quickly bought the manual. After which I told him that I had recently purchased one of the 2 known '51 Olympias in the U.S. What are the odds on something like that happening?
in life, sometimes you get lucky that's a fact!!!:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts