Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
opel gt preformance parts

i am intrested in to upgrading my opel gt and dont want to do toomuch work what can you sugest to do. or if there are any esay engion swaps what would you sugest. please help :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ez way to do a swap

what would be the ez way to get the most power for the opel is a rotary engien the way to go what else will i have to do to do it and which is the cheapest

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
To use the rotary engine you would need to make these modifications.

1. Custom engine mount and trans mount, this is fairly easily fabricated.
2. I would suggest a custom radiator with electric fan.
3. you would need to have the output shaft of the trans made to the propper length.
4. Custom throttle setup, I suggest a cable setup as uposed to the lever system that is stock on the GT.
5. there might be a slight modification needed to the driver side foot well area, but nothing major, the rotary is a small engine.
6. A custom exhaust would need to be fabricated.
7. Front spring shackels. The rotary motor weighs less so you need to lower the front end.

Actually most of these things would need to be done in any motor swap, the rotary would be my choice because of it's small size and weight. It would require minimal modification to the engine compartment.

·
Detritus Maximus
3,095 Posts
Rotaries put out a LOT of heat and noise, so some decent heat shielding and good quality exhaust parts.

·
Currently in Opel Detox.
78 Posts
In the experience of the engine swappers, has anyone ever moved the master cylinder back to the firewall (box) area and increased the width of the radiator and put it on a slant design like the mid-late 80's rx7's.
-bret

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
bret brummitt said:
In the experience of the engine swappers, has anyone ever moved the master cylinder back to the firewall (box) area and increased the width of the radiator and put it on a slant design like the mid-late 80's rx7's.
-bret
There was a guy in MA who mounted an aluminum radiator at an angle just behind the grille. It really opened up the engine compartment and he mounted some F.I. components where the original radiator was. Here's a pic:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.