Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Can Opeler
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m making a central thread to post all of my videos and little updates to the channel, suggestions, comments, etc are also welcome here.

The channel is doing great and growing exponentially! This summer I have a lot of good interesting content planned:)

2 days ago my first video hit 10,000 views. 48hrs later it has more than doubled!!!

You guys should go read through the comments and such. Lots of little stories being posted and an equal amount of people that hate my car lol.

Here’s a link!
Opel GT: History & Review
https://youtu.be/f71cGaQ9V-Y

·
Can Opeler
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
New video!!!
It’s the first episode in a new project series on my Orange Targa GT!
Hope you guys enjoy it.

Reactions: soybean

·
Registered
2,894 Posts

·
Can Opeler
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try this link, https://youtu.be/PKVN8cOxuG8 very good video, keep them coming. on an aside, I was talking to tealcarver this AM about a wireless back up camera. What do you think? Jarrell
Thanks! Link is fixed now.

I personally wouldn’t install a backup camera, because I don’t want a screen or a modern mirror in my car, but go for it if it helps you back up without contorting yourself around backwards in a GT seat:)

Reactions: soybean

·
Can Opeler
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New Video! This one was more fun! Weber 40 DCOE install. I also performed and recorded my own music for it:) Enjoy! I'm going to sleep lol.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
New Video! This one was more fun! Weber 40 DCOE install. I also performed and recorded my own music for it:) Enjoy! I'm going to sleep lol.
Looks good Kyler, your videos are timely and informative. What was the red hose that was flexing when you were giving it gas manually? Just curious. Otto Borsh made a Air cleaner out of ? (never found out, picture was deleted during the Forum upgrade), but it looked original and hooked up like the normal air cleaner. Thanks again for the great video. Jarrell

·
Can Opeler
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks again Jarrell. The hose is just a loose wire loom cover. I had all of my vacuum lines and such in it. I don’t have those anymore:)

Otto made an air cleaner from the top cover from a early FI Nissan 300ZX. I bought one and did the measurements and a mock up and decided there would be less than 2mm for air to get into the second barrel of the carb.

It’s likely that the original steinmetz manifold he used was a couple mm shorter than the new midikit or the even longer autosport I’m using.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Thanks again Jarrell. The hose is just a loose wire loom cover. I had all of my vacuum lines and such in it. I don’t have those anymore:)

Otto made an air cleaner from the top cover from a early FI Nissan 300ZX. I bought one and did the measurements and a mock up and decided there would be less than 2mm for air to get into the second barrel of the carb.

It’s likely that the original steinmetz manifold he used was a couple mm shorter than the new midikit or the even longer autosport I’m using.
He sent me a picture of it and I kept it in my email, and it was one of the ones that got "lost" in the forum trasition. Jarrell

·
Can Opeler
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He sent me a picture of it and I kept it in my email, and it was one of the ones that got "lost" in the forum trasition. Jarrell
I have it saved too. It’s still pictured in a few threads in the SSD forum on here. You just have to find the right ones.

·
Can Opeler
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’ve been too busy to make another nice build video (and broke). But here’s a quick little video from today’s autocross event!
Opel GT Autocross Run (Heritage Classic Race Class)

·
Can Opeler
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did I hear the announcer in the background say you were in first place by 3.7 seconds? Nice run. :yup: :cool3:
I was in my class. The triumph behind me shaved off a second but he didn’t catch me:)

·
Can Opeler
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats fellow Targa owner......….Very Impressive run …….. It looked like the GT hardly leaned.... what did you do to the front suspension?

I also watched part of the carb video.... keep up the good work.
Thank you! My GT stays pretty planted! Just front and rear addco sway bars, OGTS lowering spring and bushings + koni red shocks.

·
RunOpel
1,233 Posts
Kyler again another very well documented video for all Opeler's to use. A huge thanks for your time and willingness to orchestrate an informative step by step directions along with related information about the product.

Sure wish this site had a designated tab that stored videos. They are extremely helpful for the not so experts in the Opel GT world.

Thanks again Kyler for this video and all your other videos :yup::yup::yup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts