Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove the GT this morning, got back home and smelled anti-freeze, (hole in the radiator). I had taken this radiator to the shop and had it cleaned out. The shop said they didnt know how long it would last being so old........The question is - Do I get this one repaired.........Have it totally redone..........Just find a new one or better one????????:confused: 2 or 3 core????? HELP

·
Registered
98 Posts
Had a similar problem on another vehicle before. I opted to just have the leak fixed, after two more leaks appeared I opted for a reconditioning/rebuild job on the radiator then after one of the tanks seperated I had a new aluminum radiator built and kicked myself in the ass for not doing it to start with... it was a four core for my racing Caprice ( hey don't laugh I made a whopping load of money with that car, some mustang people really think their cars are the quickest on the road/Jags too but that's another story) it cost me $550.00 to have built and it worked great. So I would recommend spending the money to have it done right the first time so nothing is wasted down the road. All I did to the radiator afterwards was paint it black . I drove the car daily in high temps of Florida highways and had a small problem with higher temps but after painting it black the temp stayed at 170 no prob..Don't know if your supposed to paint aluminum or not but it worked for my particular case.

RITTER

·
315 Posts
We're a dealer for Ron Davis Radiators. We have our Opel radiators built to our specs and go into the stock spot. They are aluminum. We put them on our race cars and race in the Mojave desert at 100+ degrees air temp. (125+ track temp). The normal price is $525, but if we can put together an order for 10 or more, I think I can get them for about 100 bucks less. So, who else needs a radiator?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Either I missed something in the re-build or I beat all your prices, here in Ga. A 3 core, complete, for $140.00.
That , along with our winters, not a bad place to live.
Ken

·
371 Posts
what is the best radiator for the gt and i was think about adding elec fan to the front of the radiator any help

ben
a opeler forever

1 - 7 of 7 Posts