Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked at some past posts regarding the subject but dint really find anything conclusive. Does anyone know if there is an active GT registry anywhere? Saw information at OpelGT Club that theres was closed due to security reasons. What does this mean? Is there risk by posting VIN#s publicly? Anyone else interested in this? I'd especially like to see one as I am looking for an past family owned GT that was traded in for a Buick Wagon in 1977! Would also be interesting to see how many are still around.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but I need to brush up on my German 1st..... If it truly is a registry I'll ask my Mother-inlaw to help me with it.

·
Administrator
10,047 Posts
A registry program is in the plans. For several years now a couple of our European friends and I have been gathering VIN info in hopes of determining when model year and other changes occurred. I have an Access database with quite a few VIN's.

The "Opel Garage" program I hope to roll out in the next few months will have fields for the VIN's and other info. (Photos, mods, etc) My plan is to merge the access dB into this program. Once all the info is in a compatible database, the info will be searchable. The garage program was supposed to be released in Oct. Hope it will be soon. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coool! I'll keep an eye out for the registry and my dads old GT! Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Being new to Opel GTs, I found this sight to be the best for my interest. Any idea on if this is the main source for every Opel owner? I see peoples orgins from places I've never even heard of!!!!

Probably not the place for praise but this sight is awesome and has helped me through every probelem I've encountered so far-including buying it from ad board (recent New Hampshire '73 GT)! Keep it up whoever deserves it!

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,440 Posts
Gary said:
I have an Access database with quite a few VIN's. The "Opel Garage" program I hope to roll out in the next few months will have fields for the VIN's and other info.
Is there a way to insert the "From and To" chassis numbers on some of the parts in the parts book, as a cross reference to see how reliable those ranges are?

Charles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts