Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
PO has changed the support rails during a restoration and we want to restore back to original..

I know there are some reproductions made but as I am located in Turkey and have access to panel bender I think would be faster/cheaper if I make my own..

But can someone please send me dimensions so that I can replicate them? I found a picture from Splendid, so you see what I am looking for..

Thanks in Advance

Sinan
Rectangle Wood Gas Font Tool

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
469 Posts
Sinan-
I will measure the Seat Support Rails in my Opel GT when I get back home.
With a sheet metal brake, you can make your own.
-Dan

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,725 Posts
Are you planning on using stock Opel seats? If so, why? They suck. Mazda Miata seats are much more comfortable and better made, plus are plentiful and easy to get. You could get a set of those from a junk yard and make mounting rails to fit them.

·
Über Genius
9,535 Posts
Requires a Z fold and that's not so easy. I tried to make some many years back and abandoned the idea.

Reactions: soybean

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
M
Are you planning on using stock Opel seats? If so, why? They suck. Mazda Miata seats are much more comfortable and better made, plus are plentiful and easy to get. You could get a set of those from a junk yard and make mounting rails to fit them.
Yes but I am trying to do a stock restoration.. Otherwise the current rails do fit ( the previous owner made two parallel rows and they kinda work, but I want it to be factory look..

·
Über Genius
9,535 Posts
Hi.. Once I have the measurements I believe we can make them..
Please take pictures or do a youtube video.
I went to school for sheet metal and can't remember learning a Z fold. I'm sure it's possible. Maybe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts