Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Damn [expletive included]! I would have snapped them up in a minute two years ago when I was scrounging parts for my restoration.

Nice find.

·
RunOpel
1,250 Posts
Looks like the asking price is $400
Beautiful paint job on that GT :yup:
Dan

Reactions: soybean

·
Senior Contributor
1,525 Posts
I think a reasonable price would be half
$250 is my honest opinion .. hella tail lens
How much for the nice Red GT
If you not going to install those beautiful tail lights :joke: :question:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I am open to offers. :)
Thank you, but I have already replaced mine, and the bulbs with LEDs. If you can get the price you want take it. To me, I just couldn't, or wouldn't pay that much unless I was trying to have a Concourse Car. Here is what Opel Gt Source is offering. https://www.opelgtsource.com/search They aren't OEM like yours are, but a whole lot cheaper. They, (Opel Gt Source) don't seem to be showing the bases as you are, so I can't really put a solid price on them. Good luck, someone will want them.Sorry about the link, you have to input what you are searching for. Jarrell.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Very Reasonable

I think a reasonable price would be half
$250 is my honest opinion .. hella tail lens
How much for the nice Red GT
If you not going to install those beautiful tail lights :joke: :question:
Mike seemed to have a reasonable offer. Jarrell

·
Senior Contributor
1,525 Posts
Not really... am more interested in finding a another GT project.. looking for a decent Shell for 2000
Or a runner for appox. $3500. Anybody around NY ??

Reactions: dpre

·
Senior Contributor
1,525 Posts
Not really... am more interested in finding a another GT project.. looking for a decent Shell for 2000
Or a runner for appox. $3500. Anybody around NY ?? P/M info

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
If you are building your car for concourse shows this would be a bargain. OGTS sells the the taillights can holders for 268.00 plus shipping. I know I have spent too much on my GT, but I don't think it would be worthwhile to get originals (unless you are building a concourse GT) . But ike I have said before, to each his own.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Claire, as I said on your Facebook listing:

If I am not mistaken,Claire may be asking $400 CAD, which is ~$300 USD, as they are listed on Kijiji for that amount. Shipping would no doubt be extra and not inexpensive. Claire, is that correct? And "hello!" from a fellow Albertan, as I am in Calgary. We have a fairly large group of Opel owners down here. I know a couple of Opel'ers in Edmonton, but I don't believe that we have met. Where and why did you run across these NOS Opel lenses and housings?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thank you, but I have already replaced mine, and the bulbs with LEDs. If you can get the price you want take it. To me, I just couldn't, or wouldn't pay that much unless I was trying to have a Concourse Car. Here is what Opel Gt Source is offering. https://www.opelgtsource.com/search They aren't OEM like yours are, but a whole lot cheaper. They, (Opel Gt Source) don't seem to be showing the bases as you are, so I can't really put a solid price on them. Good luck, someone will want them.Sorry about the link, you have to input what you are searching for. Jarrell.
As I indicated in an earlier post some time ago, I will make the case they are a steal at $400. Buying the pieces from OGTS will cost you $280 plus shipping (don't forget the gaskets). But you still need the bulb holder from a set of old lamps, as noted on the OGTS website (https://www.opelgtsource.com/search/2413/details). If you have a donor set, you still have the task of removing the old bulb holders (noting that the holder helps hld the lamp in place on the body) and affixing them to the new lamps. If no donors are available, you need to find and buy some, which brings the total cost much closer to the original $400 asked for the OEM units. In my mind, a true bargain.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Hey do you still have the lights up for sale?

Let me know plse,
The OEM lamps were listed on Kijiji, but haven't been for a couple of months, so I suspect they are sold. The seller (Claire, from Edmonton) hasn't been here on OpelGT.com since Oct 16.

I see that you are in Kelowna and just joined OpelGT.com a few days ago. Are you new to Opels, or just happened to find us here? I don't know of any Opel'ers in Kelowna, but there are several in the BC interior, another half dozen in the Lower Mainland, and a dozen here in Calgary. Welcome!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts