Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Driver
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A French GT owner visited my site and left me a link to his. In the past there has been discussion about the similarities between the two cars. He has some nice pix of a side by side comparison.
His site is http://monopelgt.fr.st/

Attachments

·
Driver
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and another.

Attachments

·
Driver
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think so either. It's the non car people who say it. I saw one of these once and he was parked right next to my GT. The similarities were far and between IMHO. I just thought folks would like the pictures.

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
I think the tail looks like a Saab Sonet Series II.

·
boomerang opeler
5,648 Posts
barry
they are about the same price as a good gt here and the a110 is 1960
a310 is about $18000 and from mid 70's
was that a datsun 240 or 260 in pic?

·
648 Posts
My father had a 1960 Deutsch Bonnet. It was the forerunner to the DJet. When the two partners split, Bonnet went on to build the Djet. The DB was a very interesting car. It was all fiberglass, abot 1500 lbs, front wheel drive and used a Panhard drive train. Two cylinder horizontally opposed air cooled engine, 750cc rated at 50 HP US. It was a true 100 MPH car and won many small bore titles during the late 50's.

By the way....it had a horizontal leaf spring for the front suspension!

James

·
2,054 Posts
Coupla years back I was doing some work out at Toyota USA's headquarters in Torrance. Sitting in a spray booth in one of the training shops was a beautiful red 1969 Toyota GT 2000. Looks a lot like the Opel GT. Some ways better (please forgive me), some ways not as nice.

But the similarities are surprising.
Since I don't have the knowhow to paste a pic in this message, I've attached a picture of one.

Or, go to http://www.bildilla.com/GT2000hist.html it's not the top photo, but scan down the page.

Attachments

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Hey baz. That was a 71 240z (I believe). Just a simple yahoo search.
That toy-2000 is a pretty car (minus that chrome thingie in the front!).

By the way, hope you and everyone reading this is feeling well after "Feast Day". :)

·
2,054 Posts
Just saw what looks like a Toyota gt2000 on TV. Watching the Bond marathon on Spike TV. James Bond - You Only Live Twice. Bond's in Japan & gets into a white convertible Toyota GT 2000. I think. Just got a glimpse. Anyone own the movie - check it out.

There it is again! Yeah - its got the lines of the Opel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts