Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Opel Gt 1968
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Hope I am posting this in the correct forum. I imported my 1968 OPEL GT from the U.K. in 1991 and finally getting it on the road. OK I have been lazy. I bought a Porsche Boxster early last year and displayed it at a German Auto Fest here in Canberra, Australia. The next auto fest is on the 18th of September, 2011 located next to the National Library and had inspired me to work on the OPEL.
Although it's a 'work in progress' I will be displaying my OPEL as well. I hope some ozzie locals on this forum can make it. Any visitors throughout the year can also get in contact/meet.

Will post some pics later.

Cheers,

Gerard

·
Detritus Maximus
3,115 Posts
Hey!-

Welcome to the club! Always good to hear about another Opel being cared for. The GT should be a fairly rare bird down there, but I think you have some powertrain options with the Opel-Holdens that we don't have over here.

·
Greenopelgt
350 Posts
1968 Opel GT

gerard Oz,
Please post some good detailed pictures of your 1968 Opel GT. I have never seen one in person or in detailed pictures. Thanks!! Show it proudly!!!!

·
Opel Gt 1968
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OPEL GT progress

I started a little late to get the car ship-shape and running for this weekend's auto show .... so alas won't be taking it, only my Porsche Boxster.

Had the brake drums cleaned, new brake lines made and the pads relined locally. Waiting on brake cylinders. They are finished but there was a chemical fire in the suburb it was being done and the whole place is shut down so won't get them until Monday. I should have started a few months ago!

Battery is on charge so will try abd get the engine going soon.

But hope to fix all of the problems and get registered. A bit of rust in places and the usual mechanical problems. Will give me time to order parts from Germany and the U.S.

There was an OPLE GT on Ebay in Australia but had no bids:
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

cheers, Gerard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts