Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, senior year finally and my first senior ap 3d sculpture project is to make a tiki man out of anything metal, so i was thinking of taking an extra opel head i have laying around and using that, heads are of good supply right?? this head came off an engine that lost oil pressure and kept driving and then spun a bearing, so its not in that good of shape really, and if i take the pistons out of my extra block this wouldnt be something i would be something of improtance later since the block is still good and i will not be messin with that jsut removing the cylinders. just wonderin if i should save my opel engine for the future if there isnt that readily avaiable suppply oput there although it seems like there is. any opinions comments suggestions are welcome.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
'Most any part can be made or fabricated for a motor but the Cylinder block and the head casting would be the most expensive/difficult! If you have usable ones of these always hestitate to remove them from use. Better to use a cracked head for your project - or one day you may find the need for a good casting and find that there are not quite as many about in useable condition. Opels have a nasty habit of ruining heads if they overheat even once ...... Your head; your project - but your car too! ;)

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah yah, im thinking maybe it would jus be a better idea to go down to my local pic u part and find a head someone has removed off of a car but then didnt take for some reason, although i would need to find a cast iron one probally off an 80's american car yah?? just want to gett started and i dont really mind what kind of car the head comes from just as long as its cast iron, just i had a opel head laying round and since i already own it its the cheapest way to go at the moment but it maybe be cheaper in the long run if i jus go find a head at my local pic-u-part.

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well wanting to start my project and thingking of trying to use all opel parts for this project, kinda doin a theme thing maybe, i was just wondering if anyone in the local southern cali area maybe an hour two hours from torrance or san pedro area has a cracked warped ect, head they would be willing to get rid of if i picked it up, just wanting to do an all opel head instead of say an all nissan or all geo metro or other such car, want to pick up due to the shipping cost of a cast iron head those things are frigin heavy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts