Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

I recently purchased a home made turbo manifold and intake with injectors for the OHV engine, and was told that the previous owner had used a megasquirt system.
I went and brought myself a megasquirt system with harness and is wondering if anyone has installed this on the OHV?
I've read that I need some sensors and I'm wondering where I can get these also?

Kristian

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

I recently purchased a home made turbo manifold and intake with injectors for the OHV engine, and was told that the previous owner had used a megasquirt system.
I went and brought myself a megasquirt system with harness and is wondering if anyone has installed this on the OHV?
I've read that I need some sensors and I'm wondering where I can get these also?

Kristian
Not on a 1.1 but principles are the same. I'm building a 2.5l that's going to use a microsquirt (same thing as megasquirt) and I'm using Bosch injectors from a 2.3 Saab Turbo 30lb red top, GM 3 bar Map sensor/IAT/CTS, Nissan TPS, and a stock 2.4l trigger wheel with stock pickup sensor to control ignition using a VW 4 post tower coil in a wasted spark setup. With megasquirt most sensors are adaptable as you can calibrate them in the software. Sounds like a really fun project!

·
Registered
613 Posts
I would be interested in seeing pics of your manifold and injector set up. The 1.1 has shared intake ports. I am assuming you EITHER have a manifold and adapter that splits the shared ports or you are using only two injectors.

I have an extra 1.1 low compression engine that I got with my 69 GT. I have rebuilt the original engine to original type specs, but was thinking of building a turbo motor out of the extra 1.1. It currently has two carbs. I bought a single carb manifold and was thinking of using it with a single throttle body fuel injection set up. That would avoid the hassle of the shared intake ports.

I have heard of guys modifying the head and intake to split the shared ports, but have never seen pics of how it was done. I have no idea if it is worth the effort.

I for one, would appreciate it if you would show us some pics of the parts you bought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would be interested in seeing pics of your manifold and injector set up. The 1.1 has shared intake ports. I am assuming you EITHER have a manifold and adapter that splits the shared ports or you are using only two injectors.

I have an extra 1.1 low compression engine that I got with my 69 GT. I have rebuilt the original engine to original type specs, but was thinking of building a turbo motor out of the extra 1.1. It currently has two carbs. I bought a single carb manifold and was thinking of using it with a single throttle body fuel injection set up. That would avoid the hassle of the shared intake ports.

I have heard of guys modifying the head and intake to split the shared ports, but have never seen pics of how it was done. I have no idea if it is worth the effort.

I for one, would appreciate it if you would show us some pics of the parts you bought.
I haven't received it in the mail yet, but I have a pic. From what I've been told it's 2 Volvo injectors and volvo throttle body.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not on a 1.1 but principles are the same. I'm building a 2.5l that's going to use a microsquirt (same thing as megasquirt) and I'm using Bosch injectors from a 2.3 Saab Turbo 30lb red top, GM 3 bar Map sensor/IAT/CTS, Nissan TPS, and a stock 2.4l trigger wheel with stock pickup sensor to control ignition using a VW 4 post tower coil in a wasted spark setup. With megasquirt most sensors are adaptable as you can calibrate them in the software. Sounds like a really fun project!
Thank you for the reply, I'll se what sensors I can get a hold of cause the 1.1 really doesn't have any from stock
For me it is a really big project, cause I've never done anything with megasquirt and a efi conversion before, but Im exited to dive into it and get it going😁

·
Senior Contributor
5,083 Posts
Mine is not turbo but if you want to read a really looong thread on building and tuning a 2.2 with a MS2 computer check out "EFI 2.2 Motor Build"

Reactions: ksk.04
1 - 7 of 7 Posts