·
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Photos.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,210 Posts
That is one good looking Manta; it even has small chrome bumpers instead of Aluminum picnic tables.
Technically the car is a 1900. They were 1900's before they were Manta's. Later 1900's/Ascona's are sedans and wagons.

Harold

·
Super Moderator
13,876 Posts
Technically the car is a 1900. They were 1900's before they were Manta's. Later 1900's/Ascona's are sedans and wagons.

Harold
You wanna get really technical about it, the Manta was called the 1900 Sport Coupe when it was first sold in the US, the Ascona was called the 1900 Sedan. The Manta eventually got its real name, but the Ascona never did.

·
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
This is paper work Edwin has.

Attachments

·
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The engine is this car is a 1.9 bored to a 2.0 with 2.0 Opel valves and a complete rebuild with low mileage (not fuel) and is a daily driver. Manual trans.

·
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Call Edwin if you are interested in his cars, Manta or the GT.770-655/9818
Thanks, John

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,415 Posts
The written description says that the Manta has a 5 speed, but the picture of the A/C shows a shifter for a 4 speed. Was the trans updated after the picture, or is it a 4 speed?

·
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yes it's a 5 speed. Engine was built about 2 years ago and was built with 2.0 new pistons and 2.0 valves. New cam and lifters from OGTS and etc. Intake manifold is a Rally Bob modified.
The engine was rebuilt by me (an experienced professional Opel and GM engine builder and Technician in GA.) I have photos of his engine build for buyer.
Edwin's car is one of the top Manta's I have seen, a great buy for someone looking for an Opel.

·
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
The GT has sold. The Manta is still for sale.

Reactions: Luxusburg

·
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
You can call him.

Reactions: jayhawkjesse33

·
Registered
114 Posts
How did he get this info that shows what day his car was built?
Rainer Manthey on this forum would be able to help with that as well. He decoded my VIN and told me mine was built the first week of March 1974.

Edit: I looked at his profile and it says he hasn't visited the forum since February of last year. Has anyone had any contact with him? Do we know how he's doing?

·
Super Moderator
13,876 Posts
Rainer Manthey on this forum would be able to help with that as well. He decoded my VIN and told me mine was built the first week of March 1974.

Edit: I looked at his profile and it says he hasn't visited the forum since February of last year. Has anyone had any contact with him? Do we know how he's doing?
Rainer is on Facebook these days

21 - 39 of 39 Posts