Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Opel gone bad
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals! The [email protected] is looking to set up an opel meet this summer, we have a poll on the group to sign up for a date... but hardly anyone has done it!! cmon! join together with the band!

I'm up for the end of July, like the 27th... they were thinking Castle Rock, so that those in Colo springs don't have to drive as far...

but if people can drive from other states.. we can move it? just wanted to get it up on this site -

:D

· Opel gone bad
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Opels unite

That would be great to have some people on the way to calif join... it seems like we put in a date for the 31st of July... that's when most can do it.. but I sent an email out with calvins reply to see if anyone would be interested in moving it to the 7th of August.

Also, everyone, you don't have to bring your opel!! you just have to be an opel lover!

· Banned
3,910 Posts
It sounds like fun but I need to check the dates to be sure if I can go or not. I'd like to bring mine but I'm not sure of that right now. It's still a bit fresh to be thinking of road trips. Just east of I 25 is an Applebees or some such restaraunt that could work for a meeting place. Same exit as the outlet mall so either side has some room and a few good restaurants. Just south of there is a little mexican place that is quite good as well. Too bad the Hungry Heffer had the fire and was sold, it was one of the best places in Colorado to sit and talk or eat.

· Registered
197 Posts
I'm still new at this, so I didn't see anything about a Colorado meet..of course I don't know where to look. I should have plates on the car next week or so..so this sounds like perfect timing to meet. Let me know date/time and place and I'll see if I can make it..sounds like fun. My little car is slowly getting done..mechanical and interior are good...but it is not a looker from the outside..paint is cracked and faded in spots..but hardley no rust. I want to drive for the rest of the summer/fall to make sure all is good before I dump a bunch of cash into the paint job..

· Opel gone bad
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
right on!

Those places sound good to me for meeting. I'll suggest them to the group... If you haven't already, sign up for the yahoo group, "rockymountainopels" - there are a few polls out there that are about dates... you'll get the emails that will give you the exact time and place... I'll try to keep this thread up to date.

· Opel gone bad
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THIS SATURDAY! at NOON!

this is from Dave on the [email protected] group..

Let's meet at Castlewood Canyon State Park for a BBQ. We can meet
there at Noon, then do a short drive North on 83, then east on
Russleville Road which winds through the pine forest and out onto the
plains, then takes you back to 83 where we would go north back to
Castlewood Canyon State park for food. If it rains, we could move it
back down into Franktown at a grill place on the south side of 83, or
back into Castle Rock. The cost for the State park is $3 I think.
Any comments?

I'll get directions together. I know there are two entrances to the
park. One off 86 just west of Franktown, the other off 83 south of
Franktown. I'm not positive they have bbq grills there, but I'll try
to find out. Then I'll decide which entrance to come into. More
later.

Dave

I'll keep posting the updates! !
chuck
:)

· Opeler
18 Posts
Sounds cool to me, I need to get my opel running tonight then!! I'm replacing the water pump and installing an electric fan. Also I need to set the timing and weber stuff becuase I fixed a good number of vacuum leaks as well.

· Opel gone bad
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Directions and misc...

From the man Dave again...

Hello,

I will bring brats and buns. We need others to bring stuff like
charcol, lighter fluid, mac salad, beer?, hamburgers, buns.

Here are the directions. We will be meeting at the east side of the
park off Highway 83. To reach Castlewood Canyon State Park, take I-
25 to Exit 182 at Castle Rock, turn east on Highway 86, go six miles
to Franktown, turn south on Highway 83 (S. Parker Rd.) and go five
miles south to the park entrance.

For those in Colorado Springs, come straight up 83 for a more senic
drive. Those in Denver on the east or southeast side might want to
come through Parker on 83.

For more information on the park and the "East Side", go to
http://parks.state.co.us/default.asp?parkID=76&action=park

Plan on arriving around Noon. I'd like to do a drive at 12:30 or so
that would take about 1/2 hour. Out of the park, north on 83 to
Russleville Rd. East and south on Russleville Rd back to 83, then
North back to the park for a BBQ.

I will not be bringing any parts as I think most of you do not have
Asconas or Kadetts, and besides I am in the mode of buying, not
selling. Any questions, just reply here and I'll be watching the
board in the next few days.

Dave

-- some of us are bringing parts to exchange and such... so anyone is welcome to do that, as well as show up even if your opel isn't running!

· Banned
3,910 Posts
good and bad

There is a member of this board that lives in your town or at least frequents here under numerous names that makes me wish for a guest pass kind of thing or a bit of security to even think of making that trip. OK I'll speak finally on a thread of Colorado Opelers. There is a person, and I use that term very loosely that has done alot of very shady things. Names used to my knowledge are Opelmark, previous owner, biglog and Mark Haskell or variations of those. I have cleaned up a couple of his bad deals becouse I don't want Colorado and a bad deal in the Opel community to go hand in hand. Some members here know of what I am talking about but there are some who don't and I guess I'm trying to warn a few of those who don't. I've kept pretty silent with the exception of a few friends who know me, but if you are going to advertise a meet here in Colorado I felt I had to at least warn you of a possible person who may show up again. About 6 foot or so and was last seen in a green GT that was developing some rust problems. It has a make shift 2.0 in it with a half cooked pertroniks and he had at last sighting a gertrag in it as well. I'm just saying watch out and if you do buy from him be sure you have the part in sight or even better in hand first.

I know his remaining inventory or possible inventory and if he does have the cam it is worth having, the dgas and 32/36 can't be fixed but the box of [email protected]#$$g bolts belongs here and I will pay to have them returned and there is a reward fee for that.

Then again if you are in Denver look into the technical used book stores to find the sold english copy of the workstation handbook with the white cover this also has a reward on it.

I could type for days on this but I'm trying to put it all behind me, then again find the missing pieces and the reward is there, I didn't name the specific reward for several reasons but it is worth the search and recovery.

· Opel gone bad
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tell me who this guy is!!

This guy is NOT making this Meet worth it. I pissed off someone by emailing them just to "let them know" and because of this chump they are mad at me!!

I'm sorry for doing that now. Its rediculous that one person can ruin a good time for many.

Please post more about this person so we can be well aware. Thanks
Chuck

· Opeler
18 Posts
It's crunch time now. I am nearly running and I hope to be by saturday. Apparently the battery I had was to large for the electric fan install. I still have to figure out something there, after that it's just a matter of wiring everything up. Oh and it looks like my ignition switch finally died :(

· Opeler
9 Posts
Opels in Colorado

Hi Guys,

Reminder, there is an opel meet tomorrow (July 31st) at Castlewood Canyon State Park near Franktown, CO at noon. Come one come all. Drive at 12:30 and bbq around 1:30 at the park. See you there.

Dave White
Erie, CO
74 Ascona A
69 Kadett B LS 1100SR Coupe F

· Opel gone bad
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Opel meet was a success!!!

We had a lot of fun down in Castlewood State Park. It was nice to meet everybody and the senior members said it was the biggest turnout yet!

Eric, aka RckymtnOpel and I met at a gas station in Highlands Ranch to motor down together - we hit major traffic right when we got on the highway. Get this - it was the hotest day we have had in about two weeks, and I just got my windows tinted the day before... um.. no ac in my opel. So what did I do? made sure the seatbelt was good and tight and opened the door for most of the ride. too funny. Everytime I would open the door Eric would stick his arm out the window to show how funny he thought it was!

Right about when we hit castlerock it opened up and we were able to go 75 - that's how the ride was supposed to be. We took a right off the highway and headed to franktown - then another right 6 miles to the park. We had massive spicy brats and chips and soda and beer. We all checked out eachothers rides and compared stock vs. custom.

Mike's ride was really sweet. he's invested a lot of time and cash into the thing and once he's done I'm sure everyone on here will be amazed. Killer red paint!!

Check out the photo's!! and all of the colorado opelers that missed this year gear up for next year!!
chuck

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.