Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Old Car Guy !!
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Norwich Road Rebels Car Club holds a yearly show and would make a fairly central point for those in Southern Ontario. There is no admission charge; however donations are appreciated and tons of draw prizes; no hot paved lot, cars parked on grass with a few trees, shade is hard to get so umbrella and lawn chairs are a bonus, lots of rock and roll. The show is held in conjunction with Nostalgia Days and horse drawn wagons are used to move around the village to various events; great for the family. There has been lots of chat about opel owners getting together how about the second Saturday in July 2008 at 9.00 a.m.at Norwich District High School.

Distance guide.
Toronto 1 hr. 30 min.
Hamilton 1hr.
London 45 min.
Sarnia 1'30 min
Windsor 2 hrs
Kitchener 45 min.
All times approx. to my driving style (Geezer)

If a few are interested I can arrange for confirmed parking to keep cars clustered together.

·
Opeler
3,682 Posts
Hi,
I put July 12th in my calendar. Please keep us updated as we get closer to that date.
P.J. Romano
Goderich, Ontario

·
Panel Beater
291 Posts
The Norwich Road Rebels Car Club ...... together.
I would consider coming out there in July for a road trip although I cannot confirm until closer to the date due to a busy schedule. I have been planning a trip to Ontario with the Opel. Sounds interesting!

John

·
Panel Beater
291 Posts
I would be interested as well, but can't make July 2008. Maybe 2009?

Harold.
Hi Harold! I grew up in Oakville and go there a few times a year to see family. I would be interested in seeing your Opel on one of these trips.
Email: [email protected]

John

·
Old Car Guy !!
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Updates will be posted.

Glad to hear some opel owners can get together. Hopefully my 73 GT will be complete for July. P.J.Romano; Goderich was my home town many years ago.

·
Old Car Guy !!
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
July 5th.2008 Starts at :9.00 A.M. Come early.

Date confirmation, July 5, 2008 at 9:00 A.M. The club is also trying to get the Vintage Military Club as an extra attraction jeeps, tanks, motorcycles etc. . The Road Rebel President also cordially invites all Opelers , he drives a Jaguar E type and would love to see the gracefull opel lines at the show; will update further as news unravels. This is a great chance for Ontario opelers to get together. Let's hear from you guys and gals.

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
A busy weekend?

Hey Guys,
I normally do my Summer Opel BBQ at the end of June, I had pencilled in the weekend of the 28th-29th for 2008...
However, if I slip it a week, and make it Sunday 6th July, it would mean the car show on Sat, followed by the BBQ on Sun, which may be better to lure in the out of towners, and maybe some of our friends from south of the border?
Anyone have thoughts on this?
Rob.

·
Opeler
80 Posts
Opels in Ontario...

Quebec Opel owners are welcome to overnight in Bainsville which is the first town as you enter Ontario from the East via HWY 20/401, I will be heading down to Toronto on the Friday afternoon for this Opel weekend if Rob confirms the BBQ date.
I have plenty of parking and Camping room here at the farm and we can even tackle any 'running repairs' that may have developed.
Far to much time spent working last year so more effort to be directed to 'playing' with the cars this summer. :drive:

·
Old Car Guy !!
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Opel Meet !! UPDATE July 5, 2008, 9:00 A.M.

"THE BRITISH ARE COMING" the Road Rebel Car Club has confirmed that the Southern Ontario British Auto Club will also be attending their show. With the Opels in attendance the european influence could be strong. The last meeting confirmed grab bags to the first 200 cars registering. The grand door prize last year was a pair of first class VIA RAIL tickets and 2 nights accomadation in Montreal at the Marriot Courtyard Hotel. Similar plans are underway for this year. More updates to follow!! For our American cousins Norwich is approx. 2 hours from Detroit, Port Huron and Buffalo.:feedback::feedback::feedback:please:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Better Dates!

Now that July 5th is confirmed, I think I'll drop in! Probably without the GT:sigh: July 12th wasn't possible.

Rob, either weekend for your BBQ would work for me. As you suggested, July 6th may attrack more visitors in conjunction with the Norwich event. So I'll vote for July 6th.

Harold.

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
BBQ confirmed..

OK, I'll commit to the BBQ for the day after the show, that gives everyone plenty of time to block the weekend in their calendars....
After the Winter we are having, I'm really looking forward to some Opeling!!

·
Old Car Guy !!
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Numbers needed to reserve parking for Opels!!!

Need to get a better idea of how many can attend in July, so blocking may be possible for opelers.:D

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
I'll bring at least 2 Opels....maybe more if I can source drivers...

·
Opeler
3,682 Posts
Re-Confirmation

I already confirmed but take this as my re-confirmation.
Looking forward to meet other Opelers and possibly collect the finder fee from Derek for that convertible. It is still a case of beer!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts