Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Opeler
57 Posts
Looks good to me!

Hey Rob,

Assuming I haven't got mine ready (what are the chances?) I can drive if you need it....schedule looks pretty good right now...fingers crossed.

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Hey Rob,

Assuming I haven't got mine ready (what are the chances?) I can drive if you need it....schedule looks pretty good right now...fingers crossed.
Thanks Mike...so that's one more Opel coming either way....
Actually it's a good target for you to aim at for getting your puppy running....nothing like a deadline....:banghead: :D

·
Old Car Guy !!
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Blocking 10 spots

Thanks for the car count members we will have 10 spots together, I booked a couple extra haven't heard from Dan in Sarnia or Simplemind in Ayr let me know!!

·
Old Car Guy !!
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
GT' Is Ready

Finally my 73 GT is complete and ready for the Norwich Show; look forward to meeting all who will be attending, there is still room for more cars and "Opelites"

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Bump...

Bump...and confirmation the "Southern Ontario Summer BBQ" will be on Sunday 6th July....
Everyone is welcome...but a heads up for numbers would be appreciated....:confused:

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Bump...

A shameless Bump to put this back in sight...10 days to go....:eek:

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
BBQ update

PJ, check your PM's.

Usual rules apply for bringing anything...nothing required, I try to have it all here (unless you prefer veggie-burgers...either bring your own, or pre-warn me...I tend to forget not everyone is a meat eater).
So...are any of our Stateside friends coming up?

·
587 Posts
Sorry Rob,

I can't make it this year.:no: With it being the 4th of July weekend, (big holiday in the States) I have family visiting from out of town. I don't mind the 6 hour drive each way, But having to be up at 5:30 am Monday for work could be a problem. I'm hoping to at least get up to Ron's place in Erie to work on my "A" wagon.

Thanks for the invite & hope to see you at another Opel event this year.

~ Tom

·
Opeler
57 Posts
Bumpity bump!

Hey Rob,

Give me a shout...the girl is off to Germany on Biz Sat afternoon so I'm on my own for Sunday (i.e. off the clock), need any help?

Mike

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Hey Rob,

Give me a shout...the girl is off to Germany on Biz Sat afternoon so I'm on my own for Sunday (i.e. off the clock), need any help?

Mike

Hmmm...I need someone to drive the Conrero....don't suppose you know anyone who'd like a little seat time????
:evil:

·
Opeler
747 Posts
Rob, much as I'd like to make it up there I won't be able to this year (again). My cousin from Long Island is coming up to the lake here in NY tomorrow with his family and I only get to see him about once a year. But I will certainly hoist a few cold ones and think about my Opels that are back home in the garage :haha:

Don

·
Opeler
80 Posts
I'll be there with bells on!

Rob,

I gave 'KAYS GT' the once over and fixed all the fuel vent lines. Should be rolling out of the farm about 17:00 this afternoon. Hope to be at your place for about 22:30 just in time for a swift half down the Tarra Inn.
Any other Opels heading west today, as the 401 can be a little boring, flying solo today as Kays Mum is in town for a month...:banghead:

See you soon, should be a great weekend, road trip,show and BBQ....let the games begin.:D

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Getting ready...

Not that I ever leave things to the last minute...
I brought the Red Rallye out of storage yesterday....and it has developed the famous Solex flat spot (Don't even try to pull away with less than 1500 RPM on the clock)...
So just for fun I drove it through an hour of Toronto rush hour traffic....got home in a cold sweat and badly needing a beer.
Today is wash, wax and polish...and a couple of oil changes...and hopefully I'll have 3 cars ready for Norwich...and not a trailer in sight!!
(thankfully the Manta and Ascona both have plenty of trunk space for the "Oh B*llocks" kit)
Good Times!!

·
Old Car Guy !!
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Will Be Great To Meet You All.

Just a final update, the Legion will be holding breakfest/ brunch across the street from the car show, it seems there will be a marriage ceremony at the car show sometime thru the day and the Toronto Raptor Mascot is also scheduled for a pit stop. Come early I'll be watching for all opels to get us together. The regular events in town are also underway and transportation is by shuttle either horse, tractor or foot, A photo shoot for the opel community should also be in the works. Have Fun.

·
Opeler
3,682 Posts
Installed Ronal rims and rear window louvre acquired on German eBay.
Leaving Goderich at 7 AM, will be at the high school before 9 AM.

Attachments

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Time for bed...

Well Derek made it down the road from Montreal no problem...(apart from the usual numb cheek that is part of driving a GT long distance!!) :D
I've just finished washing and polishing my 3 for tomorrow (Lynda is becoming a dab hand with a soapy sponge)....
So it's off to bed for a few hours, and then on the road for 7am to meet up with Sam enroute and have a convoy of 5 Opels...probably the largest Opel convoy in Canada since who knows when....
We are looking forward to seeing everyone!!
Cheers, Rob.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts