Opel GT Forum banner

Opel Meet in Springfield, Ohio

6K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  dcm013 
#1 ·
Just to let everyone know we are going to have a meet at our house on Saturday, October 25, 2008 in Springfield Ohio. We are going to grill out and just talk Opels. Hope to see you here! E-mail us for directions.

Thomas and Amy Kahlert

#2 ·
Allen and I will plan to be there! Remember everyone, October is Opels Across America (OAA) month. That means you are supposed to get together with at least one other Opeler during the month of October to talk Opels. So if you are in Indiana, OH, Michigan, Kentucky, PA or any other driving distance, here is your chance for an Opels Across American Event. Come and join the rest of us!

Vickie

#5 ·
Reminder

I just thought I would bump this back up to the top with the other October Opel Meets. We are looking forward to seeing everyone there on October 25th!

Vickie & Allen

#6 ·
Tom and Amy,

I am planning to come on Saturday the 25th and bring the whole family. I will not be bringing my Opel (cant fit the whole family in it!). We may drive out Friday afternoon, stay overnight at a KOA Campground, then may go to the Wright-Patterson AFB museum Saturday morning, then out to your place by Saturday afternoon. I'll plan on calling you.

Randy S.

#8 ·
Just bumping this to the top as a reminder there is another Opels Across America meet coming up next Saturday, October 25th.

#15 ·
Tom, can you post your address or directions here? I'm hoping to come for a short amount of time but will probably drive my Sky as the Opel isn't running yet. Maybe we can tape some Opel emblems on the Sky! :)

#16 ·
Thomas:

We need your address for GPS and or directions, too. I lost mine copy of the directions in the "Great Computer Harddrive Crash" :sigh:

Thanks!

Vickie & Allen

#17 ·
Hey Tom and Amy,

What time would you like everyone to arrive at your place? My family and I will be staying in the Hampton Inn in Fairborn on Friday night. I was thinking of getting to your place by around 11am. We'll have to drive back to Indiana early Saturday evening. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Randy

#19 ·
Many thanks to Thomas an Amy for getting us together on a beatiful Fall day in Ohio. Lots of great cars, and as usual, great Opel people. Thanks also for the tour or the "Kahlert Klassic Kollection" as well as the GT door panels. Looking forward to our next gathering!
Ron in Indy

Attachments

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks Again Thomas and Amy for putting on a great Opel Meet. We had a great time.

I'll try to list people and cars, but I know I won't remember them all so others can add to the list.

Thomas & Amy had 5 of their 15 or so Opels on display. (4 gts & 1 Manta)
David Eyles & Girlfriend red 73 GT
Mike & Betsy Pilkenton yellow Saturn Sky
Paul Tipton black GT
Ron Ross fireglow GT
Tom Cavataio fireglow 72 GT
Vickie & Allen Gage red 1969 GT
Don McLean Opelless (they are already stored for winter)
Randy & Vickie Stirm
and boys GT & new project Manta at home (hard to fit the
whole family in the GT
James

We got home around 8:00 p.m. with no problems.

Vickie & Allen

#24 ·
Enjoyed our mini-vacation to the Opel Gathering

Tom and Amy,

Thanks very much for hosting a nice fall gathering of Opel owners! It was nice to meet your children, Emily, Brian and Christopher; and talk to everyone. Tom, I appreciate you taking us for a drive in your Manta to see your other Opels. We will look forward to another trip to Springfield for another visit. Take care.

Randy, Vicki, Taylor and Brenton

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.