Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any one car show or meet that the opels all try to meet? In the midwest I hope! OH

·
Registered
35 Posts
all i have to say is i wish there was a meet in oregon do you guys know of 1 that is close to here oh yeah im in roseburg oregon about 100 miles north of medford or a 130 from the cali border thanx

·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Hillsboro, OH. About 50 miles ENE of Cincinnati.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in Kansas and I'm trying to set up a meet in KC for somewhere in May. You are more then welcome to drop by :)

·
Senior Contributor
499 Posts
michigan has an active club and I think ohio has also. There is an ohio opelers yahoo group like this one. Carlisle pa would be the biggest show closest to you.

We have a big one day auto show here in stl on easter that might be a good one for the area Opels. It is early enough in the year that the race cars come to car show so we can tuck in with the GT4's, GT3's and ITB's plus it gives the snooty BMW club fits if Opel's show up an upstage them. (2002 's are really ugly compared to a Manta or GT. Just watch which car the kids run up to the Opels and say "COOOOOOOL Car!!!!! and then look at the Bimmers with total indifference"

C

·
Opel Addicts
2,474 Posts
Opel Meetings - Ohio

Yes, we do have a fairly active NE Ohio/Western PA Opel club. We have been meeting about 4 times per year for the last year or so. Most of us also go to Carlisle in May (last year we even caravaned). Our last meeting was in October for the O.A.A.

We will probably meet again in January or February. We usually meet at our house in Tallmadge, OH (just outside of Akron). We would be glad to have you join us.

There is also another Opel club closer to you the (SWOhio Opel club). Contact Alan Clift on the classicopels list.

Vickie & Allen Gage

·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Saxybiker,
Thanks for the information and the invitation, If schedules fit I may take you up on the offer.

EDIT --- I should have read the other posts before I answered Saxybiker. Thanks for the offers from all of you. I'm looking forward to some road trips with my new toy so let us know when the meets are and we'll try to join you.

Gregg

·
Opeler
231 Posts
Calvin,
Where in stl. is the easter show. I will have my GT back on the road by then and would like to drive it up there. You guys are only about 90 miles north of me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts