Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Super Moderator
9,836 Posts
Two that come to mind right off the bat are the mid 90's pontiac LeMans, which was a Kadett E? (correct me if I'm wrong) and the recent Cadillac Catera, which is an Opel Omega

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,825 Posts
Not correcting, but confirming: Kadett E (1984 - 1991) is correct. The LeMans was available from 1988 - 1991 as a 1.6 Liter, and only in 1990 as a 2.0 Liter model. If they had only decided to put the 2.0-16V in the Pontiac... :(

· 1000 Post Club
4,128 Posts
I saw the opposite. I saw an Opel Mini van in a picture from Europe which was a rebadged Chevy Ventre, Pontiac Montana and Oldsmobile sillouette.

· Super Moderator
15,247 Posts
heimue said:
If they had only decided to put the 2.0-16V in the Pontiac... :(
Hmm, I've been wondering how well a 2.2 Ecotec would fit into a Pontiac Lemans/Kadett E chassis.

· Über Moderator
6,675 Posts
While it is a bit more than "re-badged", the Saturn "L" Series (LS200 and LS300, and the later models which I forget their nomenclature) were essentially re-skinned Opel Vectra's, with the same platform and suspension, and even the Opel engine. My mom has an LW300 (the wagon) and while it is a bit boring to look at (to say the least!) it does go like heck...

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,825 Posts
RallyBob said:
Hmm, I've been wondering how well a 2.2 Ecotec would fit into a Pontiac Lemans/Kadett E chassis.
The motor fits in fine, but you also have to use a gear box fitting to the 2.2. The new Ecotec and the "old" 1.8/2.0 Ecotecs use different bellhousings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.