Opel GT Forum banner
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

· Registered
823 Posts
Our thoughts are with you, Gene. Get back on your feet and get that Sportwagon back on the road!

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
The NC gang just thought about everything, even the weather to co-operate!

Dieter

Attachments

· Master Story Teller & Fabricator
17,652 Posts
Yeah, looks like great weather at Concord and for most of us driving there.

Then, I checked the weather in Tampa, Fl, my next destination, and the 10 day forecast was for rain EVERY day. WTF!?! Is that normal for Florida? Is this that whole "If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute." thing?

:thinking:

· Opel Addicts
2,479 Posts
Speed Trap Warning

I'm not sure if this is still valid, but several years ago when we were driving down for the Auto Fair, we got nabbed in a speed trap on I77 South near Statesville, NC We learned that this was a well-known trap. What happens is the speed limit is 70 then it suddenly drops to 55 (not very well marked). They seem to pick out of state people who just mail in the fine. I think they like the bright and flashy colors too as we were driving the yellow Solstice and Tom was following in the fireglow GT. :)

So.... when you are getting close to Statesville, watch for the speed limit drop. It will be back up to 70 with in a few miles.

Be safe everyone. See you tomorrow!

Vickie & Allen

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
I'm not sure if this is still valid, but several years ago when we were driving down for the Auto Fair, we got nabbed in a speed trap on I77 South near Statesville, NC We learned that this was a well-known trap. What happens is the speed limit is 70 then it suddenly drops to 55 (not very well marked). They seem to pick out of state people who just mail in the fine. I think they like the bright and flashy colors too as we were driving the yellow Solstice and Tom was following in the fireglow GT. :)

So.... when you are getting close to Statesville, watch for the speed limit drop. It will be back up to 70 with in a few miles.

Be safe everyone. See you tomorrow!

Vickie & Allen
Yep... Still valid! :shocked::drive:

3,719 Posts
Tough, tough driving today. Heavy truck traffic through Michigan and bad pavement. A lot of construction through Ohio and rush hour traffic through Delaware and Columbus. Stopped at Circleville, OH for the night. Time for Yuengling...

· '72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
I will not, repeat will not be coming this week end as I'm in the hospital right now getting set up to have emergency surgery. I will explain more when I can get to my home pc or laptop. I'm sorry I will miss this
Gene,

Steve filled me in today on your condition. I hope you have a fast recovery. Wishing you all the best!

Matt

· UFOpel Investigator
3,465 Posts
I will not, repeat will not be coming this week end as I'm in the hospital right now getting set up to have emergency surgery. I will explain more when I can get to my home pc or laptop. I'm sorry I will miss this
Sorry to hear about your leg Gene. Take it easy and get well soon.:yup:

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
I'm at the hotel, set up to greet Opelers and give them their passes, goodie bags, maps, tickets for door prizes, etc... The Opel Nationals have started!

81 - 100 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.