Opel GT Forum banner

Would you come to the Nations in GA 2012?

• YES

Votes: 40 63.5%
  • NO

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 12 19.0%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Super Moderator
9,836 Posts
This is usually Harold's job, but, I'll go over his head, just this once :veryhappy Anyway, I'm starting a poll, this is to get a feel for who would, and who might come to the deep South to participate. A lot of y'all go to Carlisle, especially me, and I'm one of the few that come the longest distance, but, that's just me, I'm an Opel Nut. I know it's REAL early for something like this, but, it'll help when I/we contact hotels/motels, to be able to tell them we would need xxx amount of rooms and could we get a discount for having so many people. Now, right off, this DOES NOT mean you will be held to your answer, I know "life" gets in the way, kids, jobs, lifestyle changes, the stars not aligning right, whatever, I just need a good "guesstimate" as to how many would/might come. This also does not mean that closer to time, that you can change your mind, this info is just to help set things up properly.

· '72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
It's kind of a long drive but what the heck... I'm in! :lmao:

· boomerang opeler
5,661 Posts
do we have date and venue ideas yet ?

should be coming over that year all being well

will also have small tribe with me if things work out right , looks like 6-8 so far

if dates work out we can make up some numbers :yup:

· Super Moderator
9,836 Posts
do we have date and venue ideas yet ?

should be coming over that year all being well

will also have small tribe with me if things work out right , looks like 6-8 so far

if dates work out we can make up some numbers :yup:
Baz;
We have a few ideas to sort out, but, this poll is to help the "accommodations" end to be able to acquire discounts (hopefully) at a hotel or two. I know it's asking a lot for those in New England, Canada, and in OH, WI, MI, and so on, but, this is "need to know". This also might give the TX, LA, MS, AL, and FL people a chance to be participants.

· Opel Addicts
2,479 Posts
As of now we plan to be there.

Vickie & Allen

· UFOpel Investigator
3,465 Posts
Unless lightning strikes my Manta and fries it's electronics just before the event, heck yes I'll be there! :veryhappy Maybe even wo/an Opel.:yup:

· Super Moderator
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Apparently I lost my last post, but, I'll try again, if there are those who need help with their decision to come, and again, NO ONE is being held to their answer, the ideas we have right now are NOT in downtown Atlanta, repeat, NOT in downtown Atlanta. It's not that Atlanta is that bad, it's just not suited for car shows, unless you use the World Congress Center (read wayyyyyyy too expensive) or the historic Varsity Drive In, but, you'd have to deal with way too much traffic. Now, those who would come and would want to plan a few extra days to do some sight-seeing, on your own, Atlanta is great, the Aquarium, Six Flags, Stone Mountain, Underground Atlanta, the World of Coca-Cola, the list goes on and on. Our ideas are planned for venues well outside the downtown area, if that's what some of you have been wondering.

1,840 Posts
The last time we had a Opel meeting in Atlanta ( Gary was there ! ) the city has not finished the repairs :haha:
John

· '72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
Apparently I lost my last post, but, I'll try again, if there are those who need help with their decision to come, and again, NO ONE is being held to their answer, the ideas we have right now are NOT in downtown Atlanta, repeat, NOT in downtown Atlanta. It's not that Atlanta is that bad, it's just not suited for car shows, unless you use the World Congress Center (read wayyyyyyy too expensive) or the historic Varsity Drive In, but, you'd have to deal with way too much traffic. Now, those who would come and would want to plan a few extra days to do some sight-seeing, on your own, Atlanta is great, the Aquarium, Six Flags, Stone Mountain, Underground Atlanta, the World of Coca-Cola, the list goes on and on. Our ideas are planned for venues well outside the downtown area, if that's what some of you have been wondering.
And don't forget the FIRST PLACE Atlanta Braves! Who knows what place they'll be in 2012 but it's always a good time at Turner Field. BTW, The Varsity would make a great catering choice if we plan to have food brought in. They drive truck onto your site and set up shop complete with people yelling "What'll ya have!". I've been to several functions catered by The Varsity and all have been a success.

· Registered
974 Posts
Count me in as well, Gene...I remember a while back Juan saying something about having a facility that would be ideal for a car show, with restrooms and all....most times my memory serves me but I guess we would have to hear from Juan on this.....:yup:

SteveGT

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.