Opel GT Forum banner

Would you come to the Nations in GA 2012?

• YES

Votes: 40 63.5%
  • NO

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 12 19.0%
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

· boomerang opeler
5,661 Posts
its took so long to sort a venue and date for this that im afraid we have made our vacation plans now for next year , we will be in micky land in october or november

looks like the only way im going to meet you bob is come knock on your door one day

· Super Moderator
8,419 Posts
do we have a date and venue yet?
Bein as yer frum outa town we'll try to let you know at least a week in advance of the doin's. :D

The group is working hard on trying to pick a date that isn't too hot or conflicts with any other established Opel meets. Not an easy task. If some of the GA bunch doesn't answer soon, I'll see about 'crackin' the whip' and get them back on task. :haha:

Harold

P.S. Miss them Jawja peaches do you? :yup:

· boomerang opeler
5,661 Posts
its just looking bad Harold taking so long to sort out and getting so close without a date or venue

most folks need a good while to sort stuff out for a show , if the time was later in the year i might still make it , but its getting to the point of no return ( or the time soon when Mary needs to sort holibobs dates for work)

i fully understand the need for a show that's not in the jawja summer but a spring show has become a no go for time to sort out and fall or even better for me a late fall show when the temps drop down might be sortable with the Boss ( she who must be ignored) we have a big window for a trip but would need to know real soon to know if we can make it
i know the poor northerners will melt if the show was earlier than sept. well i know i used to live in the mall or the house in the summer when i was there last in jawja

some news every once and a while would help us poor folks

ps i only like peaches when used to flavour schnapps :yup:

· Registered
11,832 Posts
Yep your right Baz
A recon will be leaving in a few weeks for Road Atlanta.
There has also been some interest in "Taking over a small town" in North Ga.
From the last meeting it's going to be a late summer early fall date.

One of the biggest problems is the track has not released next years schedules of race dates.

· boomerang opeler
5,661 Posts
if your taking over small towns then i think banning deep blue clothes will be a good idea , dont want the locals getting flash backs with a bunch of northerners in town in deep blue ;)

· Super Moderator
8,419 Posts
if your taking over small towns then i think banning deep blue clothes will be a good idea , dont want the locals getting flash backs with a bunch of northerners in town in deep blue ;)
Come on Barry, we've moved on! I understand there is at least one chapter of the Sons of the Confederacy that allow Yanks to join :yup:

As POW's. :D

Harold

· boomerang opeler
5,661 Posts
Gary ,and a few of the others as pow's , makes you think lol

i hope as i come from one of the countries that helped the south i would be OK ?

· Army Rotorhead
436 Posts
Can't wait

Count me in! I should be back from this sand box and hopefully I won't be off to Afghanistan by then. Maybe I will even be able to find a GT before the meet.:veryhappy

Lance

...still searching for a solid GT... :banghead:

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
I should be back from this sand box and hopefully I won't be off to Afghanistan by then. Maybe I will even be able to find a GT before the meet.:veryhappy

Lance

...still searching for a solid GT... :banghead:
You mean you can't find a solid GT in Iraq?

· boomerang opeler
5,661 Posts
well looks like if its mid september through to end of november we should be able to make it unless the boss changes her mind again

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.