Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Opeler
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have an old Opel parts book that shows Opel needle bearing part number 712231? just trying to figure out what models it fits. its probably for a transmission but i don't know if its for an automatic or 4 speed. or for a 1.9 or 1.1 powered car.
thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 1.1 trans apart so if you give me the dimensions I can see if it's a fit for that. It's either the pilot bearing in the flywheel or the bearing at the split of the main shaft.

·
Opeler
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
outside diameter is 17.75mm
length is 16.77mm
i do not think it is a pilot bearing because that part number is 614753 for a 1.1 engine
please let me know
thanks

·
Über Genius
8,918 Posts
The only caged needle bearings I know of in an Opel are the pilot bearing.

·
Opeler
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I believe that bearing goes into the front input shaft of a 1.9. I will look at earlier books, but part number changed to 907258
There is a washer that goes against it that looks like a metal Oring
Opel pilot bearings were a cup style needle bearing (see photo) not an open caged needle bearing like i have.
thanks anyway

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,765 Posts
Opel pilot bearings were a cup style needle bearing (see photo) not an open caged needle bearing like i have.
thanks anyway
I don't think Keith is suggesting it is a pilot bearing (inside the crank recess that the input shaft of the transmission sits in).

I think he is suggesting (and I agree with him) that it is the bearing inside the input shaft OUTPUT, that the main shaft rides in, inside the 4-speed transmission.

Attachments

·
Opeler
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I misunderstood. does that bearing have these dimensions:
outside diameter is 17.75mm
length is 16.77mm
did the part number used to be 712231?
thanks

·
Opeler
429 Posts
hey, sorry to hijack this, but do any of you know where to get 1.1 Kadett transmission parts? I will need to rebuild mine. At least refresh the gaskets and the bearing on the input shaft (lots of play).
Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts