Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I'm still trying to find a solution for my front rotors. Gil seems to remember that mine came from an Omega. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Or turn on some light bulbs?

If anyone has heard of using Omega vented rotors with '75 calipers, please let me know so I can start finding a replacement Omega rotor. Oh, and what year Omega? Or are all Omegas equal?

Actually, I'd like to find something bigger to fit inside my 16 inch wheels but I'll take anything for now to keep my car on the road.

Thanks,

Manny

· boomerang opeler
5,661 Posts
manny what size are they ? so i can work out what you have,
diameter ,thickness of rotor
are they solid or vented ?
what size is the hight when you go from the flange to the outside of the rotor

· Banned
3,910 Posts
Manny, the 75 calipers are too narrow to use a vented rotor. Brembo part #25052 is a new 75 style rotor. You might inquire about a new cross drilled set from them. Stock price was pretty reasonable. HTH

433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm so swamped right now with work I can't think straight. 6 day and sometimes 7 day weeks are a PITA!

I'm thinking this might be a Lenk brake upgrade. Anyone with a Lenk catalog handy? I'll check with Gil again.

Baz, sorry, I'm too swamped to even take the wheel off the car to take the measurements. If I do get a spare moment, I'll try.

For now, I'm just put-putting along trying to use my brakes as little as possible. There's actually very little noise from the brakes. Only occasionally, I get the slightest of squeal when I come to an abrupt stop.

Manny

583 Posts
Brakes

Hi!,

Just wondered if you do your own work on the car or not. Do you have anymore specifics, than "think" or somebody told me, i.e. a measurement? Also, "squealing" does not indicate that you need new rotors, perhaps only new brake pads. If there is no grooving or warping of the rotor surface you only need to suface the rotor and put on some new pads.

From your description, You may have a wider caliper than a regular 1975. You may have an expanded '75 caliper or one from a BMW. Those us the Rekord E 24mm x 246mm vented rotor. The Rekord C has a 24mm x 271 mm vented rotor, but requires a larger four (4) piston caliper if you want a bigger brake option.

Good luck.

433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
David McCollam said:
Hi!,

Just wondered if you do your own work on the car or not. Do you have anymore specifics, than "think" or somebody told me, i.e. a measurement? Also, "squealing" does not indicate that you need new rotors, perhaps only new brake pads. If there is no grooving or warping of the rotor surface you only need to suface the rotor and put on some new pads.

From your description, You may have a wider caliper than a regular 1975. You may have an expanded '75 caliper or one from a BMW. Those us the Rekord E 24mm x 246mm vented rotor. The Rekord C has a 24mm x 271 mm vented rotor, but requires a larger four (4) piston caliper if you want a bigger brake option.

Good luck.
Hi Dave,

It's been ages since I've done my own brake work. And I haven't had to do any brakes on any of my cars since I upgraded my twin turbo 300ZX. Because I rotate my car usage, they don't accumulate much miles. And the brakes are in good condition. Even after track events. But the Opel is the oldest of my cars and the rotors are definitely grooved. If I'm doing the pads, I might as well address the rotors at the same time.

And while I'm doing the rotors, I entertained the idea of upsizing to a StopTech or Brembo or any other aftermarket system. But since Opels aren't on anyone's radar, there's no off the shelf system available. At the least, I'd like to keep what I have. As for getting farther than "I think", when I find some time between 6 to 7 day weeks at work, a kitchen and bath remodel, and other personal issues, I'll post them here.

Thanks,

Manny

583 Posts
Brake rotors.

Hi Manny,

I've done a little research. The parts are still available in the UK for the 24mm x 271mm conversion made by several companies (ATE, Brembo, etc.). I had a set of the 24mm x 246mm rotors sent from the UK for set of expanded '75 calipers.

Let me know if I can help locate part numbers. Sounds like you have a few irons in the fire.

Good luck.

433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
David McCollam said:
Hi Manny,

I've done a little research. The parts are still available in the UK for the 24mm x 271mm conversion made by several companies (ATE, Brembo, etc.). I had a set of the 24mm x 246mm rotors sent from the UK for set of expanded '75 calipers.

Let me know if I can help locate part numbers. Sounds like you have a few irons in the fire.

Good luck.
Thanks Dave,

I'll try to get the measurements as soon as possible.

Manny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.