Opel GT Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
1,648 Posts
Hello, I want to paint my opel gt in original citrus yellow 446 colour. It is the problem that any paint shop cant offer this colour. It is old paint and no more available. Is here any similar paint code to citrus yellow 446? Chrome yellow also not available in my country....
My Yellow GT is Citrus color... as I too had problems with painter in Chrome Yellow
Turns out that I liked the Citrus Yellow better...really Glows nice shine

Here is my paint code..The paint made by Akzo Nobel Coatings a International company
U-Tech Paint 3.8 HSP Code GMT1004 two coat system.

I hope this can help you decided the color and mfg. :veryhappy

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
My Yellow GT is Citrus color... as I too had problems with painter in Chrome Yellow
Turns out that I liked the Citrus Yellow better...really Glows nice shine

Here is my paint code..The paint made by Akzo Nobel Coatings a International company
U-Tech Paint 3.8 HSP Code GMT1004 two coat system.

I hope this can help you decided the color and mfg. :veryhappy
Thank you a lot! So this code is the same as citrus gelb/ citrus yellow 446? Hope that paint shop will have it.
Have you more photos?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Also can someone confirm that originally the bodyshell bottom must be the same colour? As I can see that sometimes it is the same colour or sometimes it is black covered.

·
Senior Contributor
1,648 Posts
Sure you want more pictures, where are your pictures ??
I would Rhino lined or truck bed coating on the bottom in black.
If you paint the underside same color ...matter of time before paint is all chip and dirty...this Hard rubber coating protects the bottom from Rust, rock chips, salt and road dirt and debrie. This is just my opinion, and you'll use less color yellow paint.

Attachments

·
Can Opeler
3,754 Posts
Learned something new today. The original blue interior option for the Opel GT is code 711. If your interior code is 711 you have one rare GT

·
Super Moderator
14,289 Posts
Are these pinstripes supposed to be gray or silver?

View attachment 438655
Burgundy model 50’s generally had white pinstripes. The first Opel I got a ride/drove was a 1974 Ascona in burgundy with white pinstripes. The car had 28,000 miles in 1983 and was all original.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts