1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
9,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Soybean mentioned in another thread about the limited number of Opel Parts suppliers. Here is a list of suppliers in Europe.

https://classicopels.com/index.php?thread/4317-nl-and-de-parts-suppliers/
Yeah, some I remembered Gary, some I had forgotten, but the problem lies in shipping and the difference in our currency. Some of the suppliers take a long time to ship, but I will say, people in Europe take a lot of pride in their Gts and you can readily see it in the pictures Norbet posts. Jarrell

·
Administrator
9,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, some I remembered Gary, some I had forgotten, but the problem lies in shipping and the difference in our currency. Some of the suppliers take a long time to ship, but I will say, people in Europe take a lot of pride in their Gts and you can readily see it in the pictures Norbet posts. Jarrell
I have 3 "odd ball" Opels that the U.S. suppliers do not stock parts for so I need to deal with European suppliers. I usually get the parts in about a week. A lot of them are now taking Paypal for payment so that takes the currency out of the picture. Most of their pricing includes the 20% VAT which is deducted for international shipping. Shipping can be costly once you get beyond the "Small Packet" size.

I just placed an order with Edelschmiede for my 24v motor. I'll update when it arrives. (of course they could be on Holiday for the next month :haha:)
Exchange rate: Exchange rate: $ 1 USD = € 0.8675 EUR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts