Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am brand new here so bear with me. I will try to get this right. I have some parts I am going to sell and can anyone give me a clue as to how much they are worth? 2 gt gas caps w/keys and a nos rear body surround moulding - brand new, never mounted. Thanks for your help! tlynn

·
Opel Adventure # 77 NC
651 Posts
tlynn
Welcome aboard. I thought I was the only Opel person on the west coast of Illinois.
Can't help w/ value as I have Mantas and a Kadett.
Kevin
East Moline

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
When you say body surround, could this attach to the very rear of a GT? Is it curved on both ends and maybe 5 foot across? If this describes what you are talking about. If we are talking about the same part they are extremely rare. If it has no dings it can bring in anywhere from 100 to 200. as for the gas caps again pretty rare, especially with keys. The selling point with them is the condition of the chrome. I've seen a good one go to 75 on Ebay. You wouldn't happen to have a dash or 2 with no cracks would you?

·
1,175 Posts
A dash... a dash... did somebody say dash or dashpad? I need a new dashpad or at least some leads on how to get one restored to like new.

BDD

·
Administrator
10,273 Posts

·
Administrator
10,273 Posts
tlynn said:
... I have some parts I am going to sell and can anyone give me a clue as to how much they are worth? 2 gt gas caps w/keys and a nos rear body surround moulding - brand new, never mounted. Thanks for your help! tlynn
Opels Unlimited was selling NOS rear strips for ~$400.00. Don't know if he sold any at that price. Gas caps with keys.... I'd say $75 with minor pitting to $125+ for one with very good chrome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
opel gt parts

Thank you all for the response! Very much appreciated. The rear body moulding is the one that surrounds the perimeter of the rear body panel of an opel gt. I purchased it in the late 70's to use someday. I had a gt at the time but was looking for a nicer one. Now I do not have one at all. So I will sell the parts that I have. Sorry, no dash pads )-; Also have 3 gt gas caps - all pretty nice. I will let all know what I have after I go through it all. Thanks! tlynn

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
as for that rear strip i found it a lto easier to jus remove it fill the wholes and smooth to a uniform finihs and it can be done for less then 75 bucks. only tools needed sandpaper sanding pad exacto knife kit a can of bondo and some wax paper, and atleast three full 9 hour work days. and u can have a molded in back side with no strip to ever rust or dent.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
GT Rear moulding

Made one good one out of two dented ones recently and filled the whole thing with urethane and glued it to the body after filling all the original screw holes. That should stop any future rust and also make the moulding more rigid. Why not just get anothe rGT to go with such a rare new part:D

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.