Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold the last of the Cam Effects Opel polylocks I had yesterday. Thanks to all who ordered them, it was a pleasure dealing with everyone. No broken promises, no bounced checks!

Bob

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bob

i attempted to install the polylocks last week and the way they were threaded all the way to the bottom.... they were hitting on the unthreaded sholder of the rocker arm stud before i could get the adjustment right.... the crimp nuts have a unthreaded portion in the bottom of the nut to get by this.... i will modify the polys at the machine shop when i get a chance butt for now i put on the new crimp nuts...

i just thought ide pass this on to you

Joe Van Wagnen

·
Super Moderator
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are using a reground cam, this is not too uncommon. The smaller base circle will lower the lifter in the lifter hole, and the rocker nuts can bottom on the stud. Keep in mind that there are also three different rocker stud types, some have an undercut shank and will allow for a lower adjustment.

I've used 7/16" hardened washers as shims in the cases where a reground cam used up all the available threads on the rocker studs (with polylocks and with the 2.8 Chevy locknuts).

Bob

·
Super Moderator
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will not be ordering more of the locknuts. However, if you want to try to order more from Cam Effects, I'm sure they'd make another batch. I had ordered 10 sets though....

As far as rockers are concerned, are you talking about stock rockers or roller rockers? Stock rockers are still available from Europe (or OGTS). Cam Effects is talking about making another run of the roller rocker arms too.

Bob

·
Member 1000 Post Club
1,520 Posts
Cam Effects Roller Rockers

Does this mean everyone has received their roller rockers from the first order and all the bugs are worked out? I could be tempted if there is a second order.

Paul

·
Super Moderator
13,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I honestly don't know. I didn't order any rocker arms, just cams. My understanding is that many people have received their rockers, but the lash caps are still an issue. I personally know of two people in Europe who have their rockers and three stateside....but they don't have the lifter lash caps required to actually run them. The first set of lashcaps was not properly heat treated, at least that's my understanding.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.