Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
the one on the left looks similar to one that rallybob was restoring for a hubcap center emblem I believe.

·
www.opelgtworld.de
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, here it is...

It`s from my grandmothers refrigerator :D

Starting from the end of the 30's, GM produced Frigidaires at OPEL in Rüsselsheim, later also in Berlin.

In January 1954 the production reached 50.000 refrigerators.

Norbert

OPEL built also bicycles and sewing machines. So my Grandma loves OPEL too... :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
opelgtworld said:
OK, here it is...

It`s from my grandmothers refrigerator :D

Starting from the end of the 30's, GM produced Frigidaires at OPEL in Rüsselsheim, later also in Berlin.

In January 1954 the production reached 50.000 refrigerators.

Norbert

OPEL built also bicycles and sewing machines. So my Grandma loves OPEL too... :)
AWESOME!!! :eek: Paul Frere's "Wheels to the World" book talks about that but doesn't have any photo of the product or logo emblem used.

Don't let her toss that fridge without getting those emblems . . . including the "Frigidaire" script!

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Ultimate!

A fridge like that has to be the ultimate Opel workshop beer fridge!
(Filled with Clausthaler Premiun Classic - of course)

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,736 Posts
Fridge

I had one of those fridges when I lived in Germany, just the empty hull, not working. Made a nice parts storage shelf for nuts and bolts in my garage. I always wanted to give it a new paint job, but I had to give it away when I left Germany in 1998...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.