Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
6V quandry . . .

garrymc said:
Battery's not the problem, but all the other 6V rated items are . . . bulbs, motors, gauges, senders, coil . . . if ever there's a problem with any of them.

Tried finding any 6V spares lately? Most are no longer carried in-store, if available at all. Anyway, probably wise to always carry spares for any road trips . . . you know, Opel meets!

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Palindromic VIN

Was looking through my paperwork the other day and noticed that, ignoring the model number, the VIN number of my 1961 Rekord PII is a palindrome . . . you know, same forward as backward: 11-1580851 :eek: . . . stranger and stranger!

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
tekenaar said:
Tried finding any 6V spares lately? Most are no longer carried in-store, if available at all. Anyway, probably wise to always carry spares for any road trips . . . you know, Opel meets!
Would you be lucky enough that the parts are the same as the early 6V Bugs? Those should still be "fairly" easy to get from Bug shops.. at least ones that specialize in older Bugs.

Charles

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
David McCollam said:
Otto,

Is that thing running yet? Figured you'd have it out and about by now.

Dave
:eek:

Nope, its still sitting at my house where we unloaded it at, in the Over-Flow Garage, I know he is ordering a lot of goodies for it though, but to be honest I don't think it needs much to make her road worthy though.

And OTTO I know you will see this I just have to find one more knob for the BLUE-DOT, the back one on the right.;)

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
AZ 2000 Mile Road Trip . . . pics, finally

Killer Texas GT said:
:eek:

Nope, its still sitting at my house where we unloaded it at, in the Over-Flow Garage, I know he is ordering a lot of goodies for it though, but to be honest I don't think it needs much to make her road worthy though.

And OTTO I know you will see this I just have to find one more knob for the BLUE-DOT, the back one on the right.;)
Appreciate that, Rodney. Just received and posted two pics in my Rekord gallery from our Labor Day jaunt to fetch it for those interested.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts