Opel GT Forum banner

561 - 580 of 586 Posts
4,231 Posts
Norbert go jealouse

Boahh eeh
Hartmut have my GT for the engine swap,thats for sure.
So I be in pain without my GT at home:crying:
And what does he today.I must take look at the new G-Toy number 6 he have now.
Its a 1971 GT in my favorous Color.A Car with 34K original miles on the odo.
Norbert must be jealouse:cussing:
Okay I wrote back mail and say that is a nice find bud I don`t like this 16" Rial wheels.
Pffff pah ,only a SUV and it is a North Dakota car not a Arizona or California or Nevada.
So it show me,you can find souch good GT anywhere with great luck.
Then he told me the price for the GT.I think I must quit our friendship now:lmao:
As last I be happy special he got this beauty.He is a real honor guy:yup:

Norbert:veryhappy

Attachments

4,231 Posts
Boah Ey! They hit again!

Got few Pictures from Hartmut today for clear up my mind.
Hartmut and Thomas hit again the nail.Wow they ever found GT`s like this one.
Now Thomas have also a Automatic GT he ever want.Okay it is Fire Glowe and not Rally Orange like Ron`s GT.
But it is also a real farmous 1972 GT from Oregon.Maybe one of your know this GT.
Have AAA-Sticker from South California on the rear panel.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Got few Pictures from Hartmut today for clear up my mind.
Hartmut and Thomas hit again the nail.Wow they ever found GT`s like this one.
Now Thomas have also a Automatic GT he ever want.Okay it is Fire Glowe and not Rally Orange like Ron`s GT.
But it is also a real farmous 1972 GT from Oregon.Maybe one of your know this GT.
Have AAA-Sticker from South California on the rear panel.
Nice looking, but it's an Automatic:no: Old ladys drive Automatics.:yup: :lmao:Jarrell

·
Über Genius
8,766 Posts
Nice looking, but it's an Automatic:no: Old ladys drive Automatics.:yup: :lmao:Jarrell
Many years ago I helped get a GT back on the road. It was an automatic.
I built that engine like it was my own and the customer asked that I drive it for a week to make sure it was good to go.

200 miles in an automatic is like 25 miles in a manual. It was so nice to just enjoy driving without shifting.

And, yeah, it was an old lady's car.

Years later I found it in a wrecking yard. So sad.

·
1,639 Posts
I bought the twin to the GT pictured around 1997 in Ohio with 34,000 mi on the odometer. It now has approx. 76,000 mi on it. It has never left me stuck anywhere yet. That includes a 4600 mi round trip to Monterey CA. in 2010. I had the auto tranny rebuilt, not due to breakdown but to clear up some leak issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Few days ago.( Yes that's my Gt .....)

Attachments

·
RunOpel
832 Posts
Thanks for the pictures of all those beautiful Opel GTs. I can look at Opel GTs all day long. I wonder if that dealership in
Redding, CA would ever be willing to sell that Opel GT? Probably not, but usually there is always a price that will sell.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Thanks for the pictures of all those beautiful Opel GTs. I can look at Opel GTs all day long. I wonder if that dealership in
Redding, CA would ever be willing to sell that Opel GT? Probably not, but usually there is always a price that will sell.
If it's the same dealer I talked to, it does not seem like they really want to sell it unless you make an over the top offer. Don't need another GT, but my buddy in Mt. Shasta was on the lookout anyway. He has a 1972 Cuda, so he doesn't want any more classics either.

·
Registered
235 Posts
2 GT hulks

Today while driving thru Bogata, Tx. on US271 I found these 2 sad examples. The yellow one is 0.2 miles south of the jct. of State hwy 37 on the east side of US271 and the blue on is 0.1 miles south of the same but on the west side of US271. Might get some decent parts out of them. The yellow one might be restorable but would require a complete strip down and rust repair in the rear lower, behind the wheels at a minimum. Doors looked good though.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Today while driving thru Bogata, Tx. on US271 I found these 2 sad examples. The yellow one is 0.2 miles south of the jct. of State hwy 37 on the east side of US271 and the blue on is 0.1 miles south of the same but on the west side of US271. Might get some decent parts out of them. The yellow one might be restorable but would require a complete strip down and rust repair in the rear lower, behind the wheels at a minimum. Doors looked good though.
I looked at the 2nd pic (rear of the blue one) and I wondered "How did the car get that damaged and the turn signal lights survive (but the stop lights didn't?" Alternately, "Why would they put turn signal lights back on a car that damaged?"

Trivial, but ??

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Can't quite make out the registration date on the license plate of the yellow orange one. If the tag was in the last few years maybe it has run in the not too distant past.

·
Opeler
649 Posts
Indiana Opel

A few days ago I spotted an Opel GT parked outside of a barn on SR 37, a few miles south of SR 26 in Indiana. I drive this route 3-4 times a week and have never noticed it before. I'm guessing it may have been taken out is the barn recently as there were many other things parked or out outside as well.

I happened to drive by today with my son and snapped a picture as we drove by.

Eric

Attachments

·
RunOpel
832 Posts
Eric are you a bit interested if there are other Opel's or Opel stuff inside that barn :yup: I would want to stop and chat with the owner to find out :veryhappy You never know whats behind door number 1 or 2 or 3 :banana:

·
Opeler
649 Posts
Eric are you a bit interested if there are other Opel's or Opel stuff inside that barn :yup: I would want to stop and chat with the owner to find out :veryhappy You never know whats behind door number 1 or 2 or 3 :banana:
Honestly, I'm not. That thought never even crossed my mind. I have all I need with my car, aside from a few things I need to do on it. However, I'm always curious if there are other Opel GT owners in Indiana, so that would be he only reason for me to stop. If I see people outside as I drive by, maybe I'll stop one day.

·
Über Genius
8,766 Posts
Honestly, I'm not. That thought never even crossed my mind. I have all I need with my car, aside from a few things I need to do on it. However, I'm always curious if there are other Opel GT owners in Indiana, so that would be he only reason for me to stop. If I see people outside as I drive by, maybe I'll stop one day.
I'd go look just to see if there are. You never know what kind of awesomeness you could help score for a fellow Opeler.

561 - 580 of 586 Posts