Opel GT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 582 Posts

·
Opeler
126 Posts
Spotted a GT in Canton, MS about a year ago on Hwy 51 while I was moving to tupelo.

Also in the movies - a gt toward the end of Gumball Rally during the scene with the two girls in the porsche, in LA, while they were being followed by the motorcycle cops.

Bob

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
BQS4 said:
jmowens;
The guy's name is Marc Whitfield, he actually lives in Ardmore, AL but, has the farm in Madison. The last I spoke to him, he still had a lot of GTs left. I can't vouch for the shape they're in.
Gene
Yup I've met him too. He helped me out when I was living in Alabama and the rear end went out in my GT. Went up to his house and swapped it out in his driveway. He was a nice guy, I wanted to see if he would part with any of the GT's he had left but he never responded to the emails I sent.

·
Registered
19 Posts
the pink prowler

My brother is all stoked for opels since I got my gt, so he calls me whailing over these two young girlies in a pink GT with a Pink Panther bobbling in the rear window... thaught that was pretty comical!! :D Anyone know this car?? would be cool to rev up next to em though..

·
Super Moderator
5,604 Posts
gtmerk said:
My brother is all stoked for opels since I got my gt, so he calls me whailing over these two young girlies in a pink GT with a Pink Panther bobbling in the rear window... thaught that was pretty comical!! :D Anyone know this car?? would be cool to rev up next to em though..
Sounds like Dale Chaudiere's daughter Ashley and maybe one of her friends. They live somewhere near Tacoma WA I believe. Did it have the headlights up and were there eye-lashes?

Attachments

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
kwilford said:
Sounds like Dale Chaudiere's daughter Ashley and maybe one of her friends. They live somewhere near Tacoma WA I believe. Did it have the headlights up and were there eye-lashes?
I showed my girlfriend a picture of that car a few weeks ago and now she HAS to have one.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,955 Posts
unknown opeler in kc

he seems to have the bug. i admired his 73 gt.

sweet ,isnt it?

Attachments

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,955 Posts
repair shop

Mike: It was across the street from Rosedale BBQ on SW blvd in KC MO, at a car reapir shop

·
Opeler
21 Posts
yellow gt

I spotted a yellow gt on water st. today.Downtown santa cruz Ca.
I also know of one in a guy's back yard.(not running).
I did my first road trip last weekend to half moon bay.It was flawless.

·
What's a Nopel?
343 Posts
New Castle, Delaware

Anyone own a Yellow GT in New Castle, DE?

My son spotted one today while working.

·
Registered
19 Posts
mountain gt

On my way home from long beach, and saw a purplish GT sitting off of hwy 8.. in the middle of the mountains!! definentally a much nicer mountain rig than some old turd truck :p the girl friend got a kick out of it too!!

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
is there anyone on here that has a bright yelolow gt in almost prestine condition thats located in el segundo? a buddy of mine spotted this one and was wondering what year it was?

·
88 Posts
Pedro and Long Beach Sightings

I live in San Pedro (part of the LA harbor) and there are a few in town.

Theres a yellow GT (really nice) that was parked on pacific blvd for a while (found out that the owner has passed away and the car is now gone).

Theres a blue manta with double shelby type white stripes - I have heard that this owner actually has a garage full of others.

Last sunday (6/26/05) I saw a really straight orange GT turn into the parking structure of a high rise on Ocean Blvd in Long Beach. Right across from the Trade Center. I think it actually had the tail strip on it.

On Harbor Blvd theres a West Marine and one of the Security Guards has Opels, and sometimes drives a Maroon Kadette (a beater but an Opel just the same).

And then theres PVcar, but I dont think he ever comes to Pedro!

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
yah i live in lomita but i manly reside in palos verdes torrance area im caught in pedro when i drive across western from pv to torrance but i usually dont drive around pedro alot, but ill keep my eye out i was actually in long beach over on ocean but it was the first week of last month was at the westing they liked my car so much they parked it in front of the hotel.

·
Opeler
82 Posts
There was a red Gt that was always at the 76 Union gas station on Silver Spur In PV, or actually Rolling Hills Estates. The owner worked there. I saw that car about 3 months ago and it motivated me to buy an Opel Gt again. I now drive mine around PV, Torrance and Redondo Beach. I will be putting new rims and tires on the car next Saturday in Torrance. I cant wait..

Don

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
that is my car i used to work there till they shut down the 76 station several months ago, havent seen urs running around yet but ive heard talk of one running around in pv so i new there was one out there, well just keep up the work on it and itll be sweet and everyone will stop you and ask what it is or how u got it, well gotta run in costa rica.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I was reading the posts tonight and Jay Leno was on (11.25 EST 7-7-05) and lo and behold the band that was playing outside had a Red Opel Gt to the left side of the screen. Don't know what time he comes on out in the different time zones, but they pan over the car 2 or 3 times. Almost thought it was a Z until I saw the front bumper twice. It was a Gt. Anyone here on the boards car? Jarrell

41 - 60 of 582 Posts